Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Non Shorpy Web All Stars.

The historic Occidental Saloon & Hotel, Buffalo, WY. I enjoyed a few drinks in the Saloon there in 2004.

1890's
34xmbs0.jpg

fdwqq9.jpg

xemkub.jpg

10gz5hk.jpg

29dd6af.jpg

24drla0.jpg

2jffyo3.jpg

123ruv7.jpg

The historic Occidental Saloon & Hotel, Buffalo, WY. I enjoyed a few drinks in the Saloon there in 2004.

2jffyo3.jpg

Dude! NSFW warning!

Seriously, looks like a great place to relax and have a drink and some good conversation. I have an affinity for hotel bars, especially older ones. People watching is at a premium in those places.

Seriously, looks like a great place to relax and have a drink and some good conversation.
When I was growing up there was a place a few miles out in the country & across the county line called the Peckerwood Club. The kind of place adults would go when they didn't want to be seen doing whatever it was they were doing. On the property were a big Saloon & dance hall with gambling in the basement, several little cottages out back that rented by the hr, & a house where a guard & his dogs lived. One of my best friend's dad was HP & he would get called out in the middle of the night to a "disturbance" at the Peckerwood Club when the county Sheriff was conveniently not around. He would always tell us stories & I couldn't wait until I turned 21 to go there. But by then it had been shut down forever. Today it stands in weeds & ruin. You can hardly see it from the road. I have gone exploring inside the ruins several times.

They told him he was playing Carnegie Hall.

Sent directly from my mind to yours.
Reminds me of the terrorist group that hijacked a busload of senior citizen accordion players on their way to perform on the Lawrence Welk show. The chief hostage negotiator for the FBI was off work that day so he had to be called in & get to the scene. The accordion players had nothing else to do while they waited with their captors on the bus so they practiced for their performance of "Lady of Spain." When the hostage negotiator arrived on the scene 3 hrs later the leader of the terrorist group told him that if all their demands were not met, they would release one accordion player every 15 min!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21