Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Non Shorpy Web All Stars.

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
This oughta be good!
8a29475v.jpg

Desert dog

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Was surprised to see this pop up on a local history Facebook page this morning. Mr. Chapman is my wife's Grandfather. We have that cannonball around somewhere...

View attachment 101091
That is so cool! I think I would display the cannon ball with the photo. Civil war history is so interesting.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

That is so cool! I think I would display the cannon ball with the photo. Civil war history is so interesting.

My wife is racking her brain trying to remember where the cannon ball is. My son now lives in the house and we think it is probably in the "gun room". Will look when we are back from the farm and then take your advice to display it.

viclip

Practically Family
screen-shot-2018-01-06-at-9-33-24-am-png.101093

Hobbling because of mechanical brakes or as an anti-theft device?

My first thought was that the parking meter hadn't been fed. What's that on the windshield? Could be a violation notice.

Or maybe the car was being re-possessed for non-payment of its financing, in which case notice thereof would be posted on the windshield?

My first thought was that the parking meter hadn't been fed. What's that on the windshield? Could be a violation notice.

Or maybe the car was being re-possessed for non-payment of its financing, in which case notice thereof would be posted on the windshield?

From the site of the photo: "Attorney A. Clyde Dennis inspects a chain fastening his car to a parking meter outside his office on the 900 block of North Boonville. He was unable to explain how it happened or who did it. A sign left on the windshield reads "Happy New Year Dennis." January 3, 1953."

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
From the site of the photo: "Attorney A. Clyde Dennis inspects a chain fastening his car to a parking meter outside his office on the 900 block of North Boonville. He was unable to explain how it happened or who did it. A sign left on the windshield reads "Happy New Year Dennis." January 3, 1953."
sounds like a prank from an unsatisfied customer ;)

viclip

Practically Family
I can't imagine who would do such a terrible thing to a lawyer

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic