Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

"The Notebook" bad acting, great clothes

pennyseranade

One of the Regulars
Absolutely great clothes...

After reading the book, I avoided the movie for the longest time. I just haven't been in the mood to cry myself through a box of tissues[huh] . Anyway, I did watch it last night when it was on...and was surprisingly impressed by the wardrobe...the french manicure on her mother was another story...Oh well..you can't have everything.

SarahLouise

Practically Family
I haven't seen The Notebook yet but wanted to agree on the points about Far From Heaven and Mrs Henderson Presents, both of which have fabulous clothes. Mona Lisa Smile is another one too although they didn't do anything to Julia Roberts hair at all to make her look early 1950s. There was also a three-parter tv series called The Company which had some great styles in the early parts. Sometimes even in the silly comedy series Allo Allo the ladies have some fab rolls!

Butterfield 8

New in Town
Seriously, I was bawling by the time the movie was over. That was hard for me to see...all I could think about was how it must feel when the one you love sees you as a stranger.

dang. That Ryan Gosling was too cute in it though ;)

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Gosford conformity

oh THAT girl said:
I cannot agree enough!

Gosford Park, anyone?

I felt that there should have been much more variety in the evening gowns of the women (in GP). It is highly unlikely that every woman at the party would be wearing a bias burn-out velvet sleeveless gown... it bugged me. Almost as much as the horrid hat and dress combinations in Mrs. Parker and the Vicious Circle!

Gosh, maybe we should re-name this thread "Tear The Movies to Threads"...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner