Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The ones that got away

goldwyn girl

One Too Many
MissHannah said:
$105!!!

redswet6.jpg

redswet2.jpg

It's fabulous, is it knitted?

Aurora

One of the Regulars
MissHannah - Those shoes were lush, took them out of my watchlist before the end, I just can't afford to fall in love with them!

$66.55 (£33.57)
whitewedgies.jpg

$122.50 (£61.79)
redheels.jpg

wowandflutter

New in Town
mexicandress5.jpg

i missed this one by just a few minutes (at work) !!

it went for $30 dollars ! what a steal !! i hope someone on the lounge nabbed
it. the waist was two inches small for me, so it's probably better that i didn't
try to squeeze anyhow... i guess i could have found some serious foundation
garments.

sad though, regardless.

playbelle

New in Town
2zxt65y.jpg

2nh4a5u.jpg

:cry: Actually, I have mixed feelings about being outbid these days: I'm usually sorry I missed the item, but also relieved that I didn't end up spending money I really shouldn't. Although that victory for my bank account is short-lived, seeing as how I have 60+ other items on my watch list... :eusa_doh:

ShooShooBaby

One Too Many
it doesn't end for 12 more minutes, but i feel like it's ok to post this bathing suit because the price is at $480!!!

scarlett johanson is wearing the same suit on a magazine cover, and it's a beautiful suit, but still! :eek:

EDIT: i need to learn to copy and paste URLs!

lyburnum

Practically Family
Capricorn Vintage clothes always sell for a bomb :( The loveliest dress I ever did see was posted by them, but went for over $600

ehappy

Familiar Face
Angie aka Capricorn Vintage is a superb seller...always with well presented goodies! That one was on my watch list too!
suit140.JPG

She's a vintage bathing suit knowledge goddess, and she's selling off a bunch from her personal collection...she has lots of others for sale right now. :) WISH I could afford at least one!

Gigi

New in Town
bigsmithjeans1.JPG

These would have been mine a few minutes ago if a very rude woman hadn't snatched them out of my delicate little hands. I already raised my price higher than I could go, but I wanted them so bad. $75 was my max, and what do you know, she had to bid $76 at the VERY LAST SECOND! What makes it worse is that I thought I had won until I refreshed the page! If I had been 1 second later with my bid. I finally found a pair that fit me, looked great, and I could afford (up until about 3 minutes until the auction ended). I'm a poor college student-throw a girl a bone! I am extremely upset and steam is coming out of my ears. I hate to get so flustered over a clothing item, but I've been dreaming about the perfect pair of 50's jeans. Imagine, if you will, a girl obsessed with the 50s (not rockabilly style, mind you) her entire life, owner of many other lovely 50s garmets, but still living without the perfect pair of jeans, the one essential item to my wardrobe, yet they still ellude me! I should be ashamed! Apologies for ranting. And if the lovely lady who bought these is a member on this forum-well, I'll hold my tongue!

Blondie

Practically Family
Gigi said:
bigsmithjeans1.JPG

These would have been mine a few minutes ago if a very rude woman hadn't snatched them out of my delicate little hands. I already raised my price higher than I could go, but I wanted them so bad. $75 was my max, and what do you know, she had to bid $76 at the VERY LAST SECOND! What makes it worse is that I thought I had won until I refreshed the page! If I had been 1 second later with my bid. I finally found a pair that fit me, looked great, and I could afford (up until about 3 minutes until the auction ended). I'm a poor college student-throw a girl a bone! I am extremely upset and steam is coming out of my ears. I hate to get so flustered over a clothing item, but I've been dreaming about the perfect pair of 50's jeans. Imagine, if you will, a girl obsessed with the 50s (not rockabilly style, mind you) her entire life, owner of many other lovely 50s garmets, but still living without the perfect pair of jeans, the one essential item to my wardrobe, yet they still ellude me! I should be ashamed! Apologies for ranting. And if the lovely lady who bought these is a member on this forum-well, I'll hold my tongue!

if he/she bid in the last second, chances are they used outbid you with
www.auctionsniper.com

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Gigi said:
These would have been mine a few minutes ago if a very rude woman hadn't snatched them out of my delicate little hands. I already raised my price higher than I could go, but I wanted them so bad. $75 was my max, and what do you know, she had to bid $76 at the VERY LAST SECOND!

I hate to say it Gigi, but she wasn't rude, she was just willing to pay more and that's just how Ebay works. You make it sound like you were entitled to these jeans.

Wait until after Viva Las Vegas and keep looking. Prices will come down, though I rarely see nice vintage jeans for less than $75.

Gigi

New in Town
KittyT said:
I hate to say it Gigi, but she wasn't rude, she was just willing to pay more and that's just how Ebay works. You make it sound like you were entitled to these jeans.

Wait until after Viva Las Vegas and keep looking. Prices will come down, though I rarely see nice vintage jeans for less than $75.

I know she wasn't actually being rude. I've used ebay many times before and am well aware of how it operates. And yes, I know that they rarely go for less than $75 because I've watched some wonderful pants slowly ebb out of my reach one dollar at a time until they're far too out of my price range for me to even consider. These had no bids until a few moments before the end, which was the real let down. I thought I could get a deal. I know I was not entitled to them. That is simply my dramatic humor, but I must remember this is an internet forum (yuck). It's just the frustration of the matter.

Gigi

New in Town
Blondie said:
if he/she bid in the last second, chances are they used outbid you with
www.auctionsniper.com

Well, I put a max bid on it 6 seconds before it ended and I was winning then. I outbid people at the last second all the time, but I don't trust my computer enough to wait until there are only 3 second left. It's completely fair that she got them, I'm just upset and jealous! I got my hopes up. Why am I going on like this over a pair of jeans? Silly girl.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Espasoner