Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The ones that got away

ShooShooBaby

One Too Many
gigi, i feel your pain. i now hoard dungarees when i find them. to think my first pair was deadstock, late-40s, $25, and bought off a rack with a bunch of other pairs. i miss the 90s! :rolleyes: you'll find a pair - my most recent pair i scored for $2 at a rummage sale :)

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
ShooShooBaby said:
gigi, i feel your pain. i now hoard dungarees when i find them. to think my first pair was deadstock, late-40s, $25, and bought off a rack with a bunch of other pairs. i miss the 90s! :rolleyes: you'll find a pair - my most recent pair i scored for $2 at a rummage sale :)

Hell, I got my vintage jeans here on FL for free. This was after hunting on and off for months to find a pair that I could afford that would fit.

Something will turn up. Patience, grasshopper! :)

Gigi

New in Town
I'm sorry for sounding so mean. I'm really not that snobby; I just have a habit of being dramatic. I just needed somewhere to vent about it.

I've been hunting for these jeans for months and everytime I find some in my size they always go for a lot of money. On top of not being able to afford $100 jeans right now, I cannot justify spending that much on pants in the first place. I have things of higher priority to spend it on. There aren't many thrift stores around me and those that do exist always seem to carry really ugly clothing from the 70s-80s. One day I might get lucky, but I just don't see having much luck based on the area I'm in. It's not exactly the kind of thing people around here would be giving to a thrift store. I don't know where else to look for them in person. If only I had a 23 inch waist, then I'd have about 17 pairs I could buy right now!

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Gigi said:
I'm sorry for sounding so mean. I'm really not that snobby; I just have a habit of being dramatic. I just needed somewhere to vent about it.

I know, it's frustrating! If you know vintage jeans might run you around $100 (or $90 for repros), what about selling a few items to make up the difference of what you can afford and what they're going to cost?

Gigi

New in Town
KittyT said:
I know, it's frustrating! If you know vintage jeans might run you around $100 (or $90 for repros), what about selling a few items to make up the difference of what you can afford and what they're going to cost?

I intend to sell some of my vintage stuff I either don't wear anymore or bought and never wore. Getting rid of some stuff might also help me justify spending so much on 1 pair of pants. I know some people here spend a lot more on their vintage stuff, but I've always tried to get good deals because I feel quite foolish spending so much on clothing.

Aurora

One of the Regulars
Gigi said:

I've been hunting for these jeans for months and everytime I find some in my size they always go for a lot of money. On top of not being able to afford $100 jeans right now, I cannot justify spending that much on pants in the first place. I have things of higher priority to spend it on. There aren't many thrift stores around me and those that do exist always seem to carry really ugly clothing from the 70s-80s. One day I might get lucky, but I just don't see having much luck based on the area I'm in. It's not exactly the kind of thing people around here would be giving to a thrift store. I don't know where else to look for them in person. If only I had a 23 inch waist, then I'd have about 17 pairs I could buy right now!
You don't sound mean, you just wanted the jeans - I'm sure we all get a bit angry at being outbid in the last few seconds... Well I do!
If it's any consolation, I have a 22/23" waist and can't find jeans to fit and when they do come up, I can't afford them :(

Laura Chase

One Too Many
Well, this one isn't even sold yet, but I know that it will get away. It's too small for me and luckily because look at the price! But what a beauty...

Is it against the rules to just post the pic?

9040_1.JPG

playbelle

New in Town
Laura Chase said:
Well, this one isn't even sold yet, but I know that it will get away. It's too small for me and luckily because look at the price! But what a beauty...

Is it against the rules to just post the pic?

9040_1.JPG
:eek: Of course I had to go and look it up and wow, that one puts the awe in awesome! But the price, aahh... Mind you, my funds are terribly limited, so anything I want that goes over $50 makes me cry. :p

Smuterella

One Too Many
not particularly but its a real hawaiian piece made up of several pieces that can be mixed and matched, it was worth the money, but i just don't have it.

SarahLouise

Practically Family
Aurora said:
If it's any consolation, I have a 22/23" waist and can't find jeans to fit and when they do come up, I can't afford them :(

You should have the pick of the bunch in that case! Most vintage dungarees I come across are in teeny sizes. Check out the junior/kids ones too as they are also very small. Gigi - I feel your pain! I have more or less given up finding an affordable vintage pair in my size so just stick to my repros (Freddies of Pinewood) until I do come across them.

Gigi

New in Town
SarahLouise said:
You should have the pick of the bunch in that case! Most vintage dungarees I come across are in teeny sizes. Check out the junior/kids ones too as they are also very small. Gigi - I feel your pain! I have more or less given up finding an affordable vintage pair in my size so just stick to my repros (Freddies of Pinewood) until I do come across them.

Yeah, I've seen plenty in that size for good prices (compared to that for the ones that fit me). Granted, I've also found many nice pairs in the 30 in. and above waist size, which don't do me any good either. How are the Freddies of Pinewood in person? I'm considering getting some. I just want to make sure they're quality in both look and feel.

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
SarahLouise said:
I have more or less given up finding an affordable vintage pair in my size so just stick to my repros (Freddies of Pinewood) until I do come across them.

I was just looking at the Freddies of Pinewood site and it mentions that they have sold out of everything and only have seconds available in a few sizes. Hope they start making them up again!

Smuterella

One Too Many
KittyT said:
I was just looking at the Freddies of Pinewood site and it mentions that they have sold out of everything and only have seconds available in a few sizes. Hope they start making them up again!

So do I!

MissHannah

One Too Many
Gigi said:
How are the Freddies of Pinewood in person? I'm considering getting some. I just want to make sure they're quality in both look and feel.

I bought a pair of the seconds and I couldn't find any flaws at all! I didn't personally like the cut of them so returned them but in terms of quality you can't go wrong. They are really friendly and helpful as well so if you have any questions just email or call and I'm sure they'd tell you whatever you wanted to know.

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
Aurora said:
You don't sound mean, you just wanted the jeans - I'm sure we all get a bit angry at being outbid in the last few seconds... Well I do!

WOW!!!!!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StrangeRay