Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Open Road Guild

randooch

I'll Lock Up
Good comparison shots, Jared. Not much visual difference between the 3X and the 100 felt, to my eyes. Do they feel worlds apart?

Your pup is a cutie. Not a chewer, one hopes!

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
Nice Jared!
Nice Open Roads. I always like seeing the 100s. If I ever come accross one in my size I'm afraid I couldn't resist another hat purchase!

Thanks both! I didn't need another OR per se, but I couldn't pass up a 100, not when it came complete with the case and everything.

Good comparison shots, Jared. Not much visual difference between the 3X and the 100 felt, to my eyes. Do they feel worlds apart?

Your pup is a cutie. Not a chewer, one hopes!

Well, it's a bit paradoxical. The actual feel of the 100 is softer to the touch, but only just barely, and I think you can kind of make out in the pics that the 100 has a slightly smoother finish. But - and this may be due to differences in wear - the 100 has more stiffener in it. The 100 holds creases much better too, I didn't need any steam for that Ft. Worth crease. The 3x is very moldable as well, but it did need a hit of steam to really "set" the crease.

And oh, the pup, Guthrie, is definitely a chewer. I had to buy some ethernet cables to have on standby, because he chewed through two (and my phone charger cable, and my external harddrive cable). Apparently it was more appealing than the prime rib bone my dad gave him.:D

Last edited:

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
...And oh, the pup, Guthrie, is definitely a chewer. I had to buy some ethernet cables to have on standby, because he chewed through two (and my phone charger cable, and my external harddrive cable). Apparently it was more appealing than the prime rib bone my dad gave him.:D

Hi

Buy Guthrie (Great name by the way), a rawhide bone or two. There are some that have a softer treat wrapped inside the rawhide, but my daughter's toy poodle and my son's Mix love those. He's probably getting new teeth in. I like the way the Fawt Wurf crease looks on the S100.

later

JTopenroad

One of the Regulars
CedarHillandHatAug192012010.jpg
Certified Open Road fanatic!

TWJ

Familiar Face
Hello everyone, about time I joined instead of just looking at everyones fine collection. I've got a few open roads myself.. and a few that qualify as a "sincere form of flattery" But they're all workin' hats here, on a budget like mine they just end up that way.
25e76f25.jpg
[/IMG]

JTopenroad

One of the Regulars
Hello everyone, about time I joined instead of just looking at everyones fine collection. I've got a few open roads myself.. and a few that qualify as a "sincere form of flattery" But they're all workin' hats here, on a budget like mine they just end up that way.
25e76f25.jpg
[/IMG]
Nice ...cattlemans crease brim up. I am also a hat wearer rather than collector, although I do have several ORs The hats that stand out to me are those that have developed character from being worn. Nice hats welcome to the guild!

TPD166

One Too Many
I bought a new 4X Open Road in black a few months back and have never worn it. Last week I took it with me to Texas Hatters in Lockhart, TX, and had them add a pencil roll to the brim (like the "Hemphill" model) - I really like the new look.
black_OR1b.jpg
black_OR3.jpg
black_OR4.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elzbthy