Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Open Road Guild

DJH

I'll Lock Up
So I finally have a real Open Road!

D336470-L.jpg

More pics over in the 7X thread.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
I've had some that came close, a Royal Deluxe, another 7XCB, but I don't recall one having the Open Road print on the sweatband.

The only one that might is the pale blue Stetson 25 I owned for just a few days - my photos don't show the area where the OR print would be. Hatto has it now, so maybe he'll remind me.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Thanks, Landman. Yes it is from eBay - one of those "Buy it Nows" where you know you have to click right away because otherwise someone else will while you think about it.

Landman

One Too Many
Thanks, Landman. Yes it is from eBay - one of those "Buy it Nows" where you know you have to click right away because otherwise someone else will while you think about it.

I know exactly what you mean. I stumbled across one of those a few months back. I just happened to be online when it was posted. I think from the time it was posted to me using the BIN was less than 10 minutes.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Randall, i've been doin a good job of keeping my RART reflex under control of late, but couldn't let this one go.

Hatto - thanks, mate!

Landsman - timing is everything!

I've had some that came close, a Royal Deluxe, another 7XCB, but I don't recall one having the Open Road print on the sweatband.

The only one that might is the pale blue Stetson 25 I owned for just a few days - my photos don't show the area where the OR print would be. Hatto has it now, so maybe he'll remind me.

Here, backwards
photoon5212at952am.jpg

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Thanks Bond. These hats are well worth searching out.

Hatto - Yay! Thanks for that, I wasn't sure if that one qualified as a real OR or not. Hey, just noticed the beard has gone. I'll put that down as a sign that spring is really here!

TPD166

One Too Many
Petitioning for membership!

Will this 3X OR get me in the door? Or do I need to break out the 4X in Silverbelly? Or the grey 4X? Or the brown 4X? Or my brand new black 4X? Or the Bandera OR clone in 5X? Or the two Resistols? I'd mention the Campdraft, but it hasn't arrived yet. Also, should I worry that the Guild will make my addiction worse?

OR_2May12_web.jpg

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Thanks Jeff and Tom.

I must say, Tom, I much prefer the felt on this 7X to the 100 I owned for a while. The 100 package with its case and everything is very cool, but I'd say the 7X is a way better hat for actually wearing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elzbthy