Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Palladium.

Rundquist

A-List Customer
I don’t know how many loungers have had the chance to see the Hollywood Palladium, but if you haven’t your time is almost up. Some real estate “developers” want to tear it down and put up a mini mall. Tommy Dorsey & Frank Sinatra opened the place back in 1940. The New York Palladium (the home of the Mambo) was shut down in the 60’s by that jerk off Eddie Egan (the cop that the “French Connection” was based on). The only thing that can save the Hollywood Palladium now is historic landmark status. Don’t hold your breath.

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
That is such a shame. It's so sad to see the greats of the past slowly withering away due to mass development. So I take it that there is not a group working very hard to up the status of this landmark to historical. Damn Shame.....

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
They used to have Camp Hollywood at that venue 'til they raised the rent for the event. I think they priced alot of people out of going there for many shows. It's was a Swingdancers hot spot in the 40s.

An amazing dance floor and stage.

I hope it stays.

I'm heading to an event for the Derby Saturday morning. I'll talk to some of the conservancy members and see what they say and what can be done. I think it's something that needs to be saved.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusa80