Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Pampered Man

Matt Crunk

One Too Many
I love being pampered and am not ashamed to admit it.

Both my wife and I treat ourselves to relaxation massages once a week, and occasionally even facials. And I've already told in another thread of how much I enjoy a good barbershop haircut and straight razor shave.

Today we went a step further and also treated ourselves to manicures and pedicures. My wife has given me home manicures before, but this was my first experience with a professional manicure, and the first time for both of us for a pro pedicure. Very nice, I must say. I was amazed at how much better my hands and feet felt all day long, not to mention how much better they now look. Ahhh, the good life!

My question, for those of you who may be accustomed to such things on a regular basis, is how often should one plan to get a manicure/pedicure just as routine maintenance?

-MC

woodyinnyc

One of the Regulars
Alot depends on how fast your nails grow. For me, manicures weekly and pedicures monthly. As anyone will tell you, make sure the place you are going properly sterilizes not just their tools but also the pedicure tubs and maincure bowl.

Zig2k143

Practically Family
woodyinnyc said:
Alot depends on how fast your nails grow. For me, manicures weekly and pedicures monthly. As anyone will tell you, make sure the place you are going properly sterilizes not just their tools but also the pedicure tubs and maincure bowl.

I've been thinking about a manicure.... I dont' think I want anyone touching my feet.

woodyinnyc

One of the Regulars
I don't get a manicure done every week, but it is a nice treat once in a while. The pedicure, however, I am religious about. So much easier to let someone else do it!

Zig2k143

Practically Family
scotrace said:
Anyone ever go for a regular massage?

My wonderful be_lovely has gone to school for Massage Therapy so I am very happy to say I get massages often.

However, I do give back whatever I receive I enjoy massaging myself even if I didn't go to school for it. :)

I would suggest it to anyone.... It really does relieve stress.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
About once a month I get a haircut, manicure and pedicure (I trim my nails between visits). I get massaged as needed. When I was doing triathlons I would often get two or three a week, not so much now.

jgilbert

One of the Regulars
Being that I run 4 times a week little to no toe nails.

However, do like the idea of "The Pampered Man"
For me, it is after I run, a lite but goodmeal and then grab a new book and a glass of "something" and just chill.

MisterPaul

New in Town
Be very aware of the sterilization issue, folks. I won a pedicure gift certificate at work and decided to try it. As a result, I've been fighting the same toenail fungus under my left big toe for 7 years, due to unclean pedicure instruments (or are they called tools?).

This is normally not my thing, pampering myself. Needless to say, I won't be doing it again.

Now, a great barber cut, followed by a quick shoulder massage, combined with a decent half hour of good manly conversation is just the ticket! I feel like a new man after that.

be_lovely

One of the Regulars
Zig2k143 said:
My wonderful be_lovely has gone to school for Massage Therapy so I am very happy to say I get massages often.

However, I do give back whatever I receive I enjoy massaging myself even if I didn't go to school for it. :)

I would suggest it to anyone.... It really does relieve stress.

I must say Zig is a natural!!! Yes, I went to school for massage, and school to sell Real estate, and school for computers, but I enjoy giving massages, it exchanges energy and usually I feel just as invigorated as the person receiving them. Thinking about going back in the field, just for locals and friends. I dont want any creaps asking for "Happy Endings" thats just so GROSS!!!

Marty M.

Vendor
Humbled feet.

Zig2k143 said:
I've been thinking about a manicure.... I dont' think I want anyone touching my feet.

It wasn't so much of the pedicure that's enjoyable, but the 1/2 hour of foot and calf massage that came with the pedicure, was well worth it.
Marty Mathis

Zig2k143

Practically Family
Marty M. said:
It wasn't so much of the pedicure that's enjoyable, but the 1/2 hour of foot and calf massage that came with the pedicure, was well worth it.
Marty Mathis

Ok that sounds nice but as the above posts stats I get that now...

woodyinnyc

One of the Regulars
MisterPaul said:
Be very aware of the sterilization issue, folks. I won a pedicure gift certificate at work and decided to try it. As a result, I've been fighting the same toenail fungus under my left big toe for 7 years, due to unclean pedicure instruments (or are they called tools?).

This is normally not my thing, pampering myself. Needless to say, I won't be doing it again.

Now, a great barber cut, followed by a quick shoulder massage, combined with a decent half hour of good manly conversation is just the ticket! I feel like a new man after that.

MP,

I have had the same thing happen. I tried all the creams, lotions, medicines, all of it. What finally cleared it all up was Tea Tree Oil. Go to your local health food store, pick up some Tea Tree Oil, preferably one with a brush applicator and apply it as often as you think of it. You don't need a lot of it, but it will do the trick. It is one of the stronget natural anti-fungals found. Good luck, let me know how it works out.

Zig2k143

Practically Family
Marty M. said:
Ah, now you're just rubbing it in (no pun intended).
Marty Mathis

Lol... yea... I'm sorry... Although I'd be happy if everyone found someone like lovely...

God I am sappy.. I'm sure most of you are puking.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic