Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Perfect Suit

Miss Tuppence

A-List Customer
I had no idea where to post this so I have stuck it in here- sorry in advance if there’s a better place to put it!:eek:

The Perfect Suit-shown yesterday on BBC4. It loosely charts the history of the Lounge suit as well as looking at manufacturing and the designing of modern suits. It’s worth a look even if there’s very little on the ‘golden era’- Of course there is so much they have left out, but I suppose it wasn't aimed at the people who inhabit the Fedora Lounge and who live and breath such suits!:)
T x

avedwards

Call Me a Cab
Apparently there was an article to the documentary in the Daily Telegraph a few days ago. I'll see if I can find the article on their website after I finish writing a highly contaversial entry to my blog.

avedwards

Call Me a Cab
Interestingly when Charlie Allen was sketching/doodling the back of a jacket he was thinking of a half belt and "action" shoulder pleats.

it's a pity the "stylist" in topman makes him look so ridiculous, but maybe that's a bit of program intention …

bk

Charlie Allen seems to have a good idea of what works and what doesn't. The cuts of some of the jackets he was sketching were too modern for my liking, but nevertheless well proportioned.

I dislike Topman and the fact that most people my age think it's the best shop in the world (personally I prefer M&S if I had to pick a shop selling modern clothes). They got one thing right which was the high armholes, but unfortunately the trousers were so low that I wouldn't go anywhere near that "suit" (I can only call it that with some reservation) even if I was paid to.

It's a shame they no longer make suits like the Edwardian one he tried on - in my opinion it was by far the best looking one he wore in the program.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters