Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Real McCoy’s / Joe McCoy Nelson 30’s Sport Jacket

sweetfights

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Update … I just placed my order.:rolleyes:

Max at The Real Mccoys said the lining is a “light herringbone twill” which is exactly what I was looking for.

Excited to receive it and thank you to the enablers here … @dwilson, @Bukowski (great pics) and the primary instigator, @Cognoscente.
I am excited for you post the Mulholland debacle.
This is the exact jacket I would have purchased as a Mulholland equivalent.
Please post photos when you receive it.

dwilson

A-List Customer
I have to say I find this is my "grab and go" jacket for me. More and more I find myself not even consciously thinking about it I just naturally pull this out of the closet when I have to run to the store. The design is just super functional and goes with pretty much anything I'm wearing that day. Really loving this purchase.

I also got caught in the unexpected rain LA got last week and it actually made the leather a bit more grainy. I dig it.

Drive

New in Town
One month update: Regular wear about 15 times. I’ve noticed the shoulders have loosened up quite a bit and the elbows are breaking in nicely. The jacket feels like a custom piece of armor and still retains my shape when I hang it up. I’m really digging this Shinki horsehide and fit as it breaks in. (Boots are Standard & Strange Wesco Warren in black waxed flesh)
Any updated pictures?

Bukowski

New in Town
About 6 months in …its starting to break in nicely

Attachments

• 87C2DB93-7629-4B5B-AA76-2563E9D5FAD3.jpeg
    87C2DB93-7629-4B5B-AA76-2563E9D5FAD3.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 551

Rauri B

New in Town
One month update: Regular wear about 15 times. I’ve noticed the shoulders have loosened up quite a bit and the elbows are breaking in nicely. The jacket feels like a custom piece of armor and still retains my shape when I hang it up. I’m really digging this Shinki horsehide and fit as it breaks in. (Boots are Standard & Strange Wesco Warren in black waxed flesh)
Looks really good! Great fit mate. I always struggle with sleeve length, what was yours in Cm as I am also a 40 fit?

Rauri B

New in Town
Just got my Nelson, size 40. Purchased from Real Mccoys Japan and had a friend ship it over. Measurement are really accurate as published on their site. This is my first veg tan jacket and first shinki, really good quality and stitching is perfect. Can’t wait to see how it changes after some wear and further break in. I always struggle with sleeve length, my arms seem shorter than average (arm span to height ratio) I’d say, but if I went for the size 38 I think the shoulders, chest and jacket length may be too small for me. What do you think?
I’m about 176cm, 78kg.
Thanks to the guys who shared their measurements and photos, it inspired me to pick up this jacket.

Attachments

• F90AD8DB-D9F4-449E-B312-FECC250CF05B.jpeg
    F90AD8DB-D9F4-449E-B312-FECC250CF05B.jpeg
    4.1 MB · Views: 418
  • 470B77A8-E4F9-405B-AF65-9BB4A52ACC7C.jpeg
    470B77A8-E4F9-405B-AF65-9BB4A52ACC7C.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 365
  • C55DC65A-767C-4969-9735-55716B9C783B.jpeg
    C55DC65A-767C-4969-9735-55716B9C783B.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 356
  • 99034890-DDAA-4434-A80D-2E393999278B.jpeg
    99034890-DDAA-4434-A80D-2E393999278B.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 405
Last edited:

Rauri B

New in Town
Great jacket! Fit is fine, IMO. Sleeves are well within my personal tolerance. Congratulations!
I appreciate that mate! I was a bit concerned about the sleeves and risk of buying my first jacket online, getting the fit right. But seems to be the best size for me to wear either a tshirt, or when I want to add an extra layer if need be.

Brandrea33

One Too Many
Just got my Nelson, size 40. Purchased from Real Mccoys Japan and had a friend ship it over. Measurement are really accurate as published on their site. This is my first veg tan jacket and first shinki, really good quality and stitching is perfect. Can’t wait to see how it changes after some wear and further break in. I always struggle with sleeve length, my arms seem shorter than average (arm span to height ratio) I’d say, but if I went for the size 38 I think the shoulders, chest and jacket length may be too small for me. What do you think?
I’m about 176cm, 78kg.
Thanks to the guys who shared their measurements and photos, it inspired me to pick up this jacket.
Congratulations, it looks great on you! Enjoy it.

Rauri B

New in Town
Glad to see another join our ranks! It looks good man. I still love this jacket. Far and away my favorite in the closet right now.
Cheers mate! I appreciate that, and can see why it’s one of your favourites. Versatile and quality the leaps and bounds above my other jackets.

dwilson

A-List Customer
I think the jacket would fit you quite well at 38 Dude. We seem to have similar measurements and the jacket fits me super well. It’s a really functional piece.

Rauri B

New in Town
I think the jacket would fit you quite well at 38 Dude. We seem to have similar measurements and the jacket fits me super well. It’s a really functional piece.
Hey mate yeah I think 38 could work for me especially if just wearing t’s. But worried about chest area being tight and not being able to layer in 38.
You have the 38 with similar measurements to me?
Problem is with the creases in the sleeves already I don’t think I can return back to Japan.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner