Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

"The Rock 'n' Roll Hat You Need Right Now" by GQ

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I love the logic: the hat should be an extension of your style -- so buy one of these "lived-in, pre-distressed styles!" BTW, a friend gave me a BoH cd and I listened to it once, hoping for something interesting. Not a thing.

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
It's pretty obvious that the author of the piece knows nothing about hats, other than what he's gathered in the last few days since he met the singer at a party. From what I remember of my days in Manhattan, many of the people who wrote such stuff were recent Ivy grads and trust-fund babies who did it for networking reasons. I was once offered a job at Andy Warhol's Interview magazine as an editor but found out that the job paid absolutely nothing: unfortunately, I had rent to pay and no trust fund.

I remember when GQ used to be a men's magazine. Don't know what it is now. Bohemian and western are two words I've never considered putting together and the Black Bart $**t, he'd probably shoot their @$$. Not a hat presented suits his style.
image.jpeg

pjt113

One of the Regulars
The author of the article is obviously clueless....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
most of those hats are hideous ...
You can make a hat look just like any of those hats...easy to do. Let your neighbor's cat "pee" on the hat, drag the hat behind a vehicle driving down a dirt road, shoot the hat at least one time with your favorite shot gun, play William Tell and shoot it with an arrow, leave it outside in the sun for a week, and at least one rain storm. The let your worst neighbor try it on to get it back into shape, and sell it to anyone wanting that "tore up" look!

KY Crusader

A-List Customer
These monstrosities remind of some of the student projects I would see when I was invited to critique art studios at the various universities where I taught (I was an art/architectural historian). The student would start off by explaining that he was trying to get that "edgy" feel by smearing urine/feces/rancid cod liver oil/etc. over strategic locations of the work, and/or by making it appear as something dredged up from the dump. Usually I would remain silent while the other critics gushed over the boldness of the statement; but if I was pressed by the student or fellow prof, I would just say that I had nothing productive to contribute to the conversation. Then I would go home and drink heavily to try to erase the images from my mind.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner