Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The sad case of the pipe smoker and the pot heads.

waffle

One of the Regulars
i don't know how many time's i've taken out my pipe to get the reaction "omg, you're going to smoke weed??" or simply start a conversation about pipe smoking and be asked "soo, wait.. you have a pipe and smoke tobacco?? sure.."

it drives me insane. funny thing is, the more i introduce it to friends, the more then enjoy the aroma and actually become curious enough to want to try it.. a couple of which have already purchased their own pipes. ;)

Mav

A-List Customer
Haven't smoked for about 2 years, but used to get that reaction from highboys all the time, even when I was in my 40's. Nobody ever tried to grab my briar, however, being that it would have brought on a quick death.

Vintage lover

A-List Customer
Mav said:
Haven't smoked for about 2 years, but used to get that reaction from highboys all the time, even when I was in my 40's. Nobody ever tried to grab my briar, however, being that it would have brought on a quick death.
Same here, if not death than permanent injury

Mav

A-List Customer
Vintage lover said:
Same here, if not death than permanent injury
Abrupt, controlled, and discrete physical violence in a PC society is highly under-rated as an attention- getter and lesson in politeness.

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
My husband is an avid pipe and cigar smoker. He's never had anyone ask him about weed (that I'm aware of, anyway) - but, in my naivete, I once made the mistake of stopping in a local pipe/tobacco shop, with the intent of surprising him with a package of tobacco. Unfortunately this place turned out to be the "alternative" type of tobacco shop. lol I'm sure you can all imagine the heights of awkwardness that were reached as I stood in the middle of the shop for about 45 seconds, staring blankly at everything, dressed like a total prim 30-something square, trying to figure out a nice way to explain to the Grateful Dead t-shirt wearing owner that I was in the wrong kind of store.

JimWagner

Practically Family
I can honestly say that I've never had anyone mistake my pipe tobacco for pot - not even in the 60's. Let alone a cigar. :eusa_doh:

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
JimWagner said:
I can honestly say that I've never had anyone mistake my pipe tobacco for pot - not even in the 60's. Let alone a cigar. :eusa_doh:

Hi, I was in the cigar shop and a couple of gang bangers came in to buy some cheap cigars. The idea is that you remove some of the middle of the cigar and replace it with the wild wood weed. They wanted CHEAP too. These guys weren't teenagers either.

later

JimWagner

Practically Family
1961MJS said:
Hi, I was in the cigar shop and a couple of gang bangers came in to buy some cheap cigars. The idea is that you remove some of the middle of the cigar and replace it with the wild wood weed. They wanted CHEAP too. These guys weren't teenagers either.

later

As long as it was a cheap cigar. :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails