Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The site is up

jake_fink

Call Me a Cab
WOW!!

It all seems to be true.

I start saving pennies today... I have my eye on a Sportaire and a Cheyenne.

Sweet work, Art.

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
Thanks Guys, please remember this is rudimentary..first edition of the site. I no sooner published it and I thought of other stuff needed.
Thanks Mark, I'll fix it now.

Art

Kent Canary

New in Town
Some problems with Safari on a Mac it seems. The intro plays, then changes to a window with 'Click here for details and ordering' as the title bar, with

"
Thank you for stopping by Vintage Silhouettes.

We have been fortunate to have met so many people along our adventure in Vintage Clothing and Thank every one of our customers. It is now time for us to fade away into retirement and enjoy the time we have building our new Adventure in Oregon as ranchers and as custom hat makers. This site will be closed until the fall when we will reopen as

Vintage Silhouettes Custom Crafted Hats

We hope you will take the time to stop in later this year and get re connected with us.

You can still contact us at stone@vintagesilhouettes.com

Thank you

Art"

I cant click on the email or unfortunately see you excellent merchandise. Is this right or am I missing something?

Cheers

KC

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
KC,
As a fellow Safari user, though I just checked out Art's site here at work on IE, but... did you try turning off your pop-up blocker? This seems to work to access email, which usually opens an additional window. Sometimes when I am on sites and I click and click on links and nothing happens, I remember that I need to turn off the pop-up blocker, then all is well.

I don't know if this is the issue, but I thought it might help.

Some sites, like the Gap and Banana Republic (who needs them anyway?) do not support Safari.

Great site, Art.
The hats look really nice. They truly look like some vintage hats I have seen. Really amazing stuff.

Mycroft

One Too Many
Great site, clear, conscice, complete, and quick to load. I was thinking you might add these things:
-a how to care for hat page
-glossary of hat terms and processes
-how hats are made page
-your about us letter as an opener to all the costumers
-a shipping page on how to ship a hat to you
-links page
-prices on the hats? (I wasn't sure how you handled costumers)
-hat sizing guide
Yea, I think that is it for ideas.

PrettySquareGal

I'll Lock Up
Art Fawcett said:
Thanks for pushing me gent's to get this up & running. I don't know why but I have been struggling with this and shouldn't be. The first "edition" of my website is there for your suggestions. Please know that this is just the beginning of the refining process
http://www.vintagesilhouettes.com/

Looks great! One comment- when I click on an item to view it, it doesn't open in a new window, but you instruct people to close the window to retrun to the previous view. Doing so closes the site. :rolleyes:

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Safari

Kent Canary, clear your cache and try again. It's at your end, I'm afraid. Safari is loading the old site from cache.

Great hats, Mr. Fawcett. GREAT hats.

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
thank you everyone for the input. I'm gonna sound "out of it here", but what is Safari? an OS of sort?
I see I have some bugs to take car of and Thanks for the input Mycroft, thats what I need. I don't know how quickly I will be able to apply them but they don't sound like too much work. I haven't given Costumers much thought since the last film, (Lonely Hearts not out yet) but I don't think they will be a large part of my business. I think the folks right here will keep me busy enough!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran