Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The style of the suit.

Wild Root

Gone Home
1929 Sears.

Here you have some styles of 1929 from Sears.

Enjoy.

1929searsmensclothes4bs.jpg

Note how the shoulders aren't wide at all.

Daniel Riser

A-List Customer
In all my times with fellow vintage appreciators I have yet to see one walking around holding an extra pair of matching trousers.... how strange :rolleyes:

Those are usually matching knickers, but I read in a 28' catalogue one time for sport suits that they would come with matching trousers so if you wore one out you'd have a backup pair. Neither of them were knickers.

Kind Regards,

Dan

Wild Root

Gone Home
Yeah, most good suits then came with two pares of pants. It extended the life of the suit. And the guys holding the pants was just a catalog pose. No one walked around holding a second pare of pants back then :p

Root.

Daniel Riser said:
In all my times with fellow vintage appreciators I have yet to see one walking around holding an extra pair of matching trousers.... how strange :rolleyes:

Those are for older folks who may have an accident. :p
Nah, it is unbelieveable but a suit with two pairs of pants, custom made, in the 1940s sold for $31! That makes it all the more worthwhile. ;)

Regards to all,

J

cptjeff

Practically Family
mike said:
It seems pretty hard to find anything today that comes close to the 1930's natural shoulder look. But how come?
Fashion. Same reason it was hard to find a 40's bold look suit in the 60's.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24