Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

THE SUNBODY ASSOCIATION

Got my Sunbody fedora today. Thank you Monavillecowboy!
Their selection of Sunbody hats is a little limited because they sell a variety of products but, if they have the style you want in the size you need, between their pricing and their customer service Monavillecowboy and One 2 Mini Ranch can't be beat in my opinion.

...Also, the brim is 2 3/4 inch all the way around. At first I thought it was too big (because I've always thought my Akubra Balmoral was too big), but the structure and the color are perfect...
If you're used to wearing hats with narrower brims 2-3/4" can be a little intimidating at first, but you'll soon get used to it. I think the brim width and the crown shape suit you very well!

William G.

One of the Regulars
If you're used to wearing hats with narrower brims 2-3/4" can be a little intimidating at first, but you'll soon get used to it. I think the brim width and the crown shape suit you very well!

Thank you so much, I appreciate it! You're right, the bigger brim can be intimidating, but the extra shade (or rain protection, as is the case today) is so nice.

Thank you so much, I appreciate it! You're right, the bigger brim can be intimidating, but the extra shade (or rain protection, as is the case today) is so nice.
Most of us (if not all of us) have been there, going through the process of figuring out which hat styles and brim widths are "right" or "wrong" for us. I started out wearing an Akubra Fed IV, which has a brim width on the sides of 2-1/2". When I got my first Akubra Campdraft with it's 2-7/8" brim, I thought it was far too wide for me. But after wearing it for a few days I got used to it, and it didn't seem so bad. Then I switched back to my Fed IV, and my first thought was about how tiny the brim looked. :rolleyes: Now I switch back and forth and don't even notice the difference.

Michael R.

Call Me a Cab
Most of us (if not all of us) have been there, going through the process of figuring out which hat styles and brim widths are "right" or "wrong" for us. I started out wearing an Akubra Fed IV, which has a brim width on the sides of 2-1/2". When I got my first Akubra Campdraft with it's 2-7/8" brim, I thought it was far too wide for me. But after wearing it for a few days I got used to it, and it didn't seem so bad. Then I switched back to my Fed IV, and my first thought was about how tiny the brim looked. :rolleyes: Now I switch back and forth and don't even notice the difference.

I have that problem still Al . I put the Strat on and it seems like my face is too big , so I opt for my normal Sombrero . Guess I need to toughen up and just Do It , its just what you're used to . For a short Brim I go with the Camp Draft , but I have plans for the OR's . I want to blow them out and perform the Official FL Crease and see how I like them . Its chilly here today . Seems like it was summer yesterday , and for a few days there . I had straw on my mind , but they're on standby waiting for the right day . Only thing , my straws are Joao Approved . Capiche' ?

RJR

I have that problem still Al . I put the Strat on and it seems like my face is too big , so I opt for my normal Sombrero . Guess I need to toughen up and just Do It , its just what you're used to . For a short Brim I go with the Camp Draft , but I have plans for the OR's . I want to blow them out and perform the Official FL Crease and see how I like them . Its chilly here today . Seems like it was summer yesterday , and for a few days there . I had straw on my mind , but they're on standby waiting for the right day . Only thing , my straws are Joao Approved . Capiche' ?
;)

Monavillecowboy

One of the Regulars
Got my Sunbody fedora today. Thank you Monavillecowboy! It's exactly what I expected, came super fast, and the sizing tape is a nice bonus! I'm very happy. Got it shaped in the shower and I've been wearing it all day.

A couple of surprises: Val's sun body is a 7 1/2 and it has stretched up a size. Her hat is sectioned (for lack of a better word), so maybe that's why hers stretched. I don't think this one will stretch, but I've been tugging and pulling on it while it's wet to see and there's not much give. Also, the brim is 2 3/4 inch all the way around. At first I thought it was too big (because I've always thought my Akubra Balmoral was too big), but the structure and the color are perfect. This is the happiest I've been with any of my hats. I absolutely love it.

You're Welcome William! Looks like you got it to fit just fine.
You'll find that the brims will tend to vary. These are handmade by a number of individuals in Guatemala.
They are not exactly ISO Certified.
Enjoy!

Another attempt at adding some panache to my Sunbody:

ZmC0t9d.jpg

Opinions? Give it to me straight, I can take it. ;)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21