Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Things Women Will Do...for Beauty

~*Red*~

Practically Family
KittyT said:
That's the one I'm talking about, the vertical frown wrinkle between the eyes. And yes, you have to keep up the use with the Frownies. I have also had luck with a wrinkle filler pin from CVS. It is called Skin Effects Wrinkle Effects Instant Deep Wrinkle Eraser.

LOL.. I've gotten that one to go away actually! I've recently noticed these horizontal ones, there are 3 of them. Just below the between the eyebrows, and probably directly in between the eyes. I've been recently using Philosophy's Help Me at night and Save Me in the day and the lines on my forehead are going away. yippee! I swear by the jojoba though. I've been using that for months now! A little drop'll do ya! (you know, like Brylcreem, ;) )

Blondie

Practically Family
Idledame said:
There was a fad in victorian times to put belladonna (also known as deadly nightshade-a very poisonous plant) in their eyes. "The common name belladonna originates from the historic use by women (Bella Donna is Italian for beautiful lady) to dilate their pupils in a time when it was believed that the dreamy, intoxicated stare thus produced was the height of fetching beauty; an extract of belladonna was used as eye drops as part of their makeup preparations. The Belladonna toxin's atropine content had the effect of dilating the pupil, thus making their eyes supposedly more attractive. Prolonged usage was reputed to cause blindness."
Belladonna is still used today in some cold/ flu tablets !

Barbigirl

Practically Family
Miss_Bella_Hell said:
They work??? I must get some.

I will have to give these a second look. I have a friend who just told me she had a doctor remove the muscle in between her eyes so she doesn't have any wrinkles there. She is 52 and she doesn't, but I was shocked a doctor would do that and I have never heard of it before.

Lola Getz

One of the Regulars
Oh my goodness, I wish I could get that ad that Avalon posted! Fabulous!

I will from now on refer to myself as Plump & Rosy with honest fleshiness of form!

Lola Valentine

One of the Regulars
Barbigirl said:
I will have to give these a second look. I have a friend who just told me she had a doctor remove the muscle in between her eyes so she doesn't have any wrinkles there. She is 52 and she doesn't, but I was shocked a doctor would do that and I have never heard of it before.

Wow I've never heard of that happening before either. Does that also mean that she won't be able to move that part of her face, like when she frowns?

Barbigirl

Practically Family
no muscles, no wrinkles?

Lola Valentine said:
Wow I've never heard of that happening before either. Does that also mean that she won't be able to move that part of her face, like when she frowns?

I am not sure, I know i will be staring at her forehead the whole time I am with her next time we hang out.

Trish

My friend is the tiny little blonde built like Dolly Parton. You tell me, I mean who is 52 and looks like that? I always thought she had a deal with the devil or somthing.

Lola Valentine

One of the Regulars
Barbigirl said:
I am not sure, I know i will be staring at her forehead the whole time I am with her next time we hang out.

Trish

My friend is the tiny little blonde built like Dolly Parton. You tell me, I mean who is 52 and looks like that? I always thought she had a deal with the devil or somthing.

She looks amazing! Very pretty lady.

Naama

Practically Family
jtcarrey said:
ok, I totally need to find this Kelp A Malt stuff cuz I HATE being scrawny, I have no figure, just straight and no matter how much I eat or how much crap I eat, I can't gain weight, I'm constantly dizzy and weak and faint feeling, it ain't fun being thin all the time, so I'm all about trying to find a way to gain a little weight, any suggestions? :(

You know what you should try? Eat healthy :) Yes really! Sugar and unhealthy fat won't give you're body the nutrition it needs to build up reserves! So don't each much crap, each much healthy stuff!

Naama

jtcarrey

A-List Customer
Naama said:
You know what you should try? Eat healthy :) Yes really! Sugar and unhealthy fat won't give you're body the nutrition it needs to build up reserves! So don't each much crap, each much healthy stuff!

Naama

yea, I need to haha I'd probably feel better too

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Lola Valentine said:

Does't sound that much different than getting Botox. I'm pretty convinced that stuff is evil. There's nothing more obnoxious than talking to someone who can't make certain facial expressions, even when you can tell they're trying to.

Also, keep in mind, ladies, that treatments like this can also cause wrinkles in certain other parts of your face, as you will try to make expressions and the rest of your facial muscles will be forced to overcompensate.

Barbigirl

Practically Family
KittyT said:
Does't sound that much different than getting Botox. I'm pretty convinced that stuff is evil. There's nothing more obnoxious than talking to someone who can't make certain facial expressions, even when you can tell they're trying to.

Also, keep in mind, ladies, that treatments like this can also cause wrinkles in certain other parts of your face, as you will try to make expressions and the rest of your facial muscles will be forced to overcompensate.

I think having a muscle removed out of your face is much different than botox. And botox only last up for up to 3 - 6 months if you are very lucky. Some folks get addicted to that new less wrinkled reflection and so keep on doing it and I think that there is a huge danger in that.

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Barbigirl said:
I think having a muscle removed out of your face is much different than botox. And botox only last up for up to 3 - 6 months if you are very lucky. Some folks get addicted to that new less wrinkled reflection and so keep on doing it and I think that there is a huge danger in that.

In some ways it's different. Certainly, it doesn't involve repeated injections of a toxin into your face! It's so scary - there are cases of botulism poisoning resulting from Botox injections.

I still imagine that having a muscle removed can cause overcompensation from the surrounding muscles, resulting in an increase in wrinkles in other facial areas.

Paisley

I'll Lock Up
jtcarrey said:
ok, I totally need to find this Kelp A Malt stuff cuz I HATE being scrawny, I have no figure, just straight and no matter how much I eat or how much crap I eat, I can't gain weight, I'm constantly dizzy and weak and faint feeling, it ain't fun being thin all the time, so I'm all about trying to find a way to gain a little weight, any suggestions? :(

Yes--a high-protein diet and weightlifting. I recommend Body for Life--I've been doing it since 2003 and I look and feel great.

Edited to add: you might have a GI problem if you can't gain weight. You might also be anemic if you feel faint all the time. See a doctor--but check out Body for Life, too (it's a book by Bill Phillips). The diet is based on how our ancestors ate back when they were lean, fit and running around on the savannah.

jtcarrey

A-List Customer
Paisley said:
Yes--a high-protein diet and weightlifting. I recommend Body for Life--I've been doing it since 2003 and I look and feel great.

Edited to add: you might have a GI problem if you can't gain weight. You might also be anemic if you feel faint all the time. See a doctor--but check out Body for Life, too (it's a book by Bill Phillips). The diet is based on how our ancestors ate back when they were lean, fit and running around on the savannah.

hmmm Body for Life? I'll check it out when I get a chance.. I've been tested for anemia and they said I'm fine, also diabetes, and thyroid, all are normal... he said I just have a very high metabolism, lately I've been super dizzy every night, it's just really uncomfortable :rolleyes: but I'll check out that book and see what it has to offer, maybe I should drink Ensure every day ;) I used to as a kid just cuz I liked the taste haha

Paisley

I'll Lock Up
jtcarrey said:
hmmm Body for Life? I'll check it out when I get a chance.. I've been tested for anemia and they said I'm fine, also diabetes, and thyroid, all are normal... he said I just have a very high metabolism, lately I've been super dizzy every night, it's just really uncomfortable :rolleyes: but I'll check out that book and see what it has to offer, maybe I should drink Ensure every day ;) I used to as a kid just cuz I liked the taste haha

Bill Phillips came out with EAS nutrition drinks that are pretty tasty, but I make my own:

12 oz water
1 banana
2 T protein powder
1 T cocoa (unsweetened, from the baking aisle)
1 t sugar

Blend for 30 seconds and enjoy.

Also:

12 oz water
3 or 4 big strawberries
1/3 c unsweetened yogurt
2 T protein powder
1/2 T cocoa
1/2 t vanilla extract

jtcarrey

A-List Customer
Paisley said:
Bill Phillips came out with EAS nutrition drinks that are pretty tasty, but I make my own:

12 oz water
1 banana
2 T protein powder
1 T cocoa (unsweetened, from the baking aisle)
1 t sugar

Also:

12 oz water
3 or 4 big strawberries
1/3 c unsweetened yogurt
2 T protein powder
1/2 T cocoa
1/2 t vanilla extract

mmmmm those sound good, but of course, if all I need is protein, I could blend a steak ;) hahahaha won't be as tasty but it'll give me what I need right?? right?? ;) lol

Paisley

I'll Lock Up
Bill Phillips says there is nothing wrong with a steak or a baked potato. BUT, the steak should be lean and shouldn't be fried, and the potato shouldn't be larded up with butter and sour cream. I actually like ketchup and lemon pepper on mine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24