Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Things Women Will Do...for Beauty

Missus Charles

New in Town
Hi there,
Of all the crazy beauty regiments women have endured over the years one that I find fascinating is the elastic Chinstrap over night. I am guessing it is intended to keep this area under the chin firm and taut but why did it go away? Is it effective? I know they are sold for medical purposes these days. Does anyone have any information on its use, effectiveness, or accuracy? Better yet.. does anyone use one?

Real Swell Gal

One of the Regulars
The only time I see them used is when we do oragnothic surgery.
We call it a jaw bra and it gives support to the patient and helps hold ice packs in place.

Blondie

Practically Family
Anyone ever used "Frownies" ?
They have been around since 1889,
I just cannot imagine going to bed at night with bits of sticky paper all over my face, and combine that look with hair curlers !!!!!!
frownies_cem.gif

JazzBaby

Practically Family
Real Swell Gal said:
The only time I see them used is when we do oragnothic surgery.
We call it a jaw bra and it gives support to the patient and helps hold ice packs in place.

I'm suddenly reminded of that 'face bra' from Ally Mc Beal lol

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Blondie said:
Anyone ever used "Frownies" ?
They have been around since 1889,
I just cannot imagine going to bed at night with bits of sticky paper all over my face, and combine that look with hair curlers !!!!!!
frownies_cem.gif

Yes, I have used them for a frown line between my eyes and they do work well and aren't uncomfortable at all.

miserabelle

One of the Regulars
I find velcro sleeper rollers horribly uncomfortable to lay down in, but I still do it although I am gravitating towards foam bendy rollers ^-^ xx

~*Red*~

Practically Family
I've used frownies and wrinkies, and they do work, but temporarily, as most things do. You have to keep it up. I actually like to use my OCM method, and I use jojoba for moisturizing, which has actually helped the most for making that frown crinkle go away. now if only I could get rid of the ones on the bridge of my nose! lol

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
~*Red*~ said:
now if only I could get rid of the ones on the bridge of my nose! lol

That's the one I'm talking about, the vertical frown wrinkle between the eyes. And yes, you have to keep up the use with the Frownies. I have also had luck with a wrinkle filler pin from CVS. It is called Skin Effects Wrinkle Effects Instant Deep Wrinkle Eraser.

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Miss 1929 said:
So hey, the Frownies don't seem so bad all of a sudden. Great for single gals, but I can't see going to bed with the love of my life like that.

Exactly. I stopped using them when I got a boyfriend.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24