Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Theme song

Mr Vim

One Too Many
I've really been stuck on the Andrews Sisters as of late... Bei Mir Bist Du Shoen to be precise. I love the way their voices just flow... you know?

bunnyb.gal

Practically Family
Mr Vim said:
I've really been stuck on the Andrews Sisters as of late... Bei Mir Bist Du Shoen to be precise. I love the way their voices just flow... you know?

No, but if you say please I'll let you explain :rolleyes: . Joking, I love that thing they do, too!

bunnyb.gal

Practically Family
bunnyb.gal said:
Almost anything by the great Fats puts a smile on my face!

I think the tune that comes to me unbidden the most often is "Tuxedo Junction". Maybe it's because I've heard so many great versions of it.

:eusa_clap

The Good

Call Me a Cab
Usually, either Belleville by Django Reinhardt, Manhattan Serenade by Louis Alter, or In the Mood by Glenn Miller come to mind when I think of the Golden Era (1930s/1940s), but when it comes to the 1950s (not Golden Era?), I cannot help but think of the rock and roll and cool jazz of the period, for example; Rock Around the Clock by Bill Haley and His Comets, and the theme to Peter Gunn by Henry Mancini.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24