Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

These guys never cease to amaze me

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
Yes, that jacket is impressive. who is the maker? What is it about the Japanese leathers that just make them so special? When I look at them I can feel the quality. I own some nice leathers, but those two Buzz Rickson coats I posted are just a step above where I have been.

nick123

I'll Lock Up
Yes, that jacket is impressive. who is the maker? What is it about the Japanese leathers that just make them so special? When I look at them I can feel the quality. I own some nice leathers, but those two Buzz Rickson coats I posted are just a step above where I have been.

Jelado. No idea what the name means. The same guys responsible for the late 60s jackets nobody likes. But their jackets look to be seriously top notch. If I had $1500 laying around (which looks to be a bargain compared to some of the Japanese A-2 repros) I'd go
all in. It looks like a mash up of different themes-kind of military, kind of Western, kind of Native. I like it. Chaotic yet congruent. Poetry.

Last edited:

Big J

Call Me a Cab
Must have used Google Translate for the translation to English ;)

I bet. I've lost count of the number of times the English was so incomprehensible that I had to go back to the source Japanese text.
To be fair though, how many native English speakers can speak Japanese (or any other language)?
Given how wide the international market is, you'd have thought that they'd throw someone a few dimes to get it right. It's like 30 seconds work.

nick123

I'll Lock Up
Does anyone have the scoop (see the pun?) on the reasoning behind the vertical slits in the cargo pockets? Cosmetics?
I've stolen this image from the Norshor Leather fb page to compare, but it looks like a feature some jackets have.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    169.2 KB · Views: 144

Big J

Call Me a Cab
Does anyone have the scoop (see the pun?) on the reasoning behind the vertical slits in the cargo pockets? Cosmetics?
I've stolen this image from the Norshor Leather fb page to compare, but it looks like a feature some jackets have.

Well I'm guessing that they can be made from smaller scraps of leather reducing costs (but then there's all the extra labor of stitching it all together). They look like they allow a limited expansion of the pocket, so you could get bigger things in there.

Run quickly from the Black leather lagoon that is Rakuten...
Your $$$ will disappear upon entering- too much great stuff.

:)
Lux and Ivy used to be my neighbors. He used to drive around in a black '68 Buick Riviera with leopard interior and a license plate that said "Devil Bat".
Good times.

Stand By

One Too Many
Well I'm guessing that they can be made from smaller scraps of leather reducing costs (but then there's all the extra labor of stitching it all together). They look like they allow a limited expansion of the pocket, so you could get bigger things in there.

Indeed. I believe they're called "bellows pockets" for that reason.

nick123

I'll Lock Up
The OP is a very cool take on the military style.
I love the "granny" knits and the back yoke!

The knit, I think, is the selling point of the jacket. When it fails in 25 years and one goes having to search for a replacement, good luck. Still a very cool jacket even envisioned with regular medium brown knits.

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
A style of knit very popular in the 1920s-early 1930s. Remember that the A-1 and A-2 styles were both cribbed from pre-existing civilian styles.

Blackadder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
A question popped into my mind when I look at the composition of the knit which are Acrylic and Wool. Normally for a repro maker who went so far as to reproduce the Hookless zipped will try to use pure wool but do you people find it unacceptable in this case?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner