Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

These shoes with this dress??

doghouse

One of the Regulars
OK, Am I just wierd or would this pair of shoes NOT look right with this dress:

100_7764.jpg

A6682L.jpg

My husband SWEARS it looks great..

Opinions?

LizzieMaine

Bartender
I think the thing that I find jarring -- aside from the overall clunkiness -- is the busy-ness of the print on the dress. A bold shoe would compete with a pattern like that -- whereas a simpler, plainer and more delicate shoe would compliment it more. A simple pair of brown leather pumps would be gorgeous.

doghouse

One of the Regulars
Hahaha, I told him so. This has been an ongoing argument! Thanks for helping me win! ;)

On another note, I DO like my shoes, modern or not.. I bought them before I got into wearing vintage.. I think he just misses me wearing them.

BettyValentine

A-List Customer
I think the shoes are very cute, but under that dress both look a little odd. They're both really cute separately, though.

BV

P

Paul

Two very nice items in there own right.. I can see where your husband is coming from and why you should wear them together especially if you like both the items. That's a sort of male logic to make good use of them.

But a lady also takes into account the styles, I do not know if that comes naturally too ladies or they learn it in the early years, a man can find that hard grasp.
I would say wear them separately and when you do explain the reason why you are doing so to your husband for future reference.
Then as he learns you will be able to rely more and more on his opinion latter on.
It is great that he like you wearing vintage!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Espasoner