Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

'Thin Man' picked for One Book, One Denver reading program

Paisley

I'll Lock Up
According to the Rocky Mountain News,

Dashiell Hammett’s classic crime novel, The Thin Man, is this year’s pick for the community reading program, One Book, One Denver.

The Thin Man has been lauded for its spare realism and wit. It begins when former private detective Nick Charles is approached by Dorothy Wynant, the 20-year-old daughter of one of his past clients, the eccentric inventor Clyde Wynant. Dorothy hopes Nick can help her locate her father, who has disappeared.

The One Book, One Denver program was begun in 2004 to promote community dialogue and literacy.​
Read more here.

just_me

Practically Family
The Maltese Falcon by Dashiell Hammett was chosen as the book for a major reading program by the Broward County (Florida) Libraries this year. I went to a library program about it and was given a free copy and other material about the book and about Hammett.

It looks like Denver and Broward have good taste. :D

Paisley

I'll Lock Up
The Denver Public Library has many, many copies of this book for this program. But I still had to go on the wait list. I got Nightmare Town by the same author in the meantime.

59Lark

Practically Family
saw the movie on tcm

Saw the movie, old black and white from the thirties and was enthralled and the tcm played several more thin man mysteries that day. That was a charmer will have to look for a copy of that at my local carnagie library. MY eldest daughter babysat at a cousin home this summer and said I Quote dad those people are scary they only have 3 books in the house. This coming from a family that has probably over 2000 books in their home. I grew up in 25 room house that had been built in 1860 by my great grandfather and it had a library and the map that hung on the wall at the end , the top portion was unexplored territory, now before you think servants no this was a farm house, two furnaces. The library was a room with no door between two wings with a large window not suitable for a bedroom but good enough for six large book case. Read . read . read 59Lark:rage:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic