Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

This has got to stop!

daddy0d0

A-List Customer
This hat thing is becoming an obsession. My kids are starting to worry about me, they think I've joined some sort of cult. In the last 2 months I have purchased 4 hats, two in the last 2 days. I am now looking around the house trying to find items to sell off so I can buy another hat. I made the mistake of looking at a Stetson 150 Anniversary on eBay the other day:rolleyes: Thankfully it's way out of my price range;).........anyone want to buy a flat screen T.V., a slightly used cat, how about a dusty old flowered pillow, no no wait I got it, I've got 2 teenagers I will sell cheap or trade. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME, THIS NEEDS TO STOP BEFORE I GET MYSELF INTO REAL TROUBLE!!!

This hat thing is becoming an obsession. My kids are starting to worry about me, they think I've joined some sort of cult. In the last 2 months I have purchased 4 hats, two in the last 2 days. I am now looking around the house trying to find items to sell off so I can buy another hat. I made the mistake of looking at a Stetson 150 Anniversary on eBay the other day:rolleyes: Thankfully it's way out of my price range;).........anyone want to buy a flat screen T.V., a slightly used cat, how about a dusty old flowered pillow, no no wait I got it, I've got 2 teenagers I will sell cheap or trade. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME, THIS NEEDS TO STOP BEFORE I GET MYSELF INTO REAL TROUBLE!!!

Please post photos of teenagers and list relevant skills (e.g., mowing, weeding, light auto repair...).

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
You should know, they are not required to put warning labels on hats to spell out the addiction! I am lucky I work on my computer all day,...which then allows me to hunt the internet for the next hat or shoe bargain. BUT as of late, I am finding custom made hats are of interest and worth spending the money on.

I'm in this camp myself

I'd say I am too, but camps don't have permanent structures.

You should know, they are not required to put warning labels on hats to spell out the addiction! I am lucky I work on my computer all day,...which then allows me to hunt the internet for the next hat or shoe bargain. BUT as of late, I am finding custom made hats are of interest and worth spending the money on.

So true. I haven't bought a vintage in months. The pickins have been pretty slim. Customs are catching my eye for what I can get made to my specs.

Last edited:

EstherWeis

Vendor
Hahaha, imagine that you can make them.
I'm tempted every day and I have enough hats as is... I've even reached the point that I don't even know how much I have.

Rogera

My Mail is Forwarded Here
GOOD LUCK!

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
I'd say I am too, but camps don't have permanent structures.

So true. I haven't bought a vintage in months. The pickins have been pretty slim. Customs are catching my eye for what I can get made to my specs.
If you can't find a vintage it is only because you are not spending enough time on the internet looking! BUT then you have to live with some of the NOSE bleed high prices....like tim in the closet....(He should be LOCKED in that closet...the lil stinker)!

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
Ester if I ever get to the point where I cannot count my hats I think my wife will disown me!!
At one time we had close to a hundred. That did not last long, we had to start selling them off. I would guess right now, on the shelf here around 45 now for Daniel and maybe 10 or 15 for me. BUT not all my hats are a "fedora"...some are dress hats just for us "gurls"....we have sold a few never been worn vintage that we wished we would have kept now...live and learn.

moehawk

I'll Lock Up
Hmmmm...4 hats in 2 months...that's not so bad. Your addiction has room to grow.
you know you are doomed when you start looking for refurb and conversion projects. Then from-scratch builds...
But it does seem to be a very enjoyable form of madness in my experience.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff