Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

This is a question for the gals....

Blackjack

One Too Many
The year is 1941, your in a dance hall with a girlfriend having a nice evening out. A gentleman comes over to your table and asks you to dance, you accept. Shortly you find your self swooning and your knees getting weak. What does the man look like, what is he wearing, and what song are you dancing to?

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
Oooh, lovely fantasy!

For me: He's about 5 foot 11, and hes got dark curly hair and intensely coloured eyes, and nice strong arms. He's a Naval Officer, and is wearing his all whites. The song thats playing is "I Don't Want to Set the World On Fire."

davidraphael

Practically Family
The guy approaches me - it doesn't matter what he looks like - the lights are low; we talk and find we share the same hat size. He tries to steal a kiss. He realises I'm a man and starts drinking. He gets drunk. When he finally passes out, I steal his immaculate charcoal gray 1930s Dobbs....

As I exit the dancehall, the band strikes up: Jerome Kerns' 'Who Stole my Heart away?'

I jump in my Ford Model Y, toss the Dobbs onto the pile of other vintage fedoras on the back seat, and drive away into the night (and back to my wife, I should add!)...

Blackjack

One Too Many
The guy approaches me - it doesn't matter what he looks like - the lights are low; we talk and find we share the same hat size. He tries to steal a kiss. He realises I'm a man and starts drinking. He gets drunk. When he finally passes out, I steal his immaculate charcoal gray 1930s Dobbs....

As I exit the dancehall, the band strikes up: Jerome Kerns' 'Who Stole my Heart away?'

I jump in my Ford Model Y, toss the Dobbs onto the pile of other vintage fedoras on the back seat, and drive away into the night (and back to my wife, I should add!)...

mood wrecker....:eusa_doh:

Last edited:

rue

If I wasn't married..... hmmmm...... let's see.....

A mix of Clark Gable and Gregory Peck, a little grey in the hair, at least 5'9" with a great voice. He'd be wearing a suit, a fedora and carrying a hanky.

The song is ....

[video=youtube;BHBvksGdhxA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHBvksGdhxA&feature=related[/video]

Last edited:

thecardigankid

One of the Regulars
Oooh, lovely fantasy!

For me: He's about 5 foot 11, and hes got dark curly hair and intensely coloured eyes, and nice strong arms. He's a Naval Officer, and is wearing his all whites. The song thats playing is "I Don't Want to Set the World On Fire."
I think it's really interesting you should say that , I met a man who looked like you described and was a naval officer in 1941, he was at Pearl Harbor when the attack happened (can't remember which ship) but one thing I do remember is he said he was laying in his rack listening to the radio and as the attack started the song "I don't want to set the world on fire" was playing.

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
I think it's really interesting you should say that , I met a man who looked like you described and was a naval officer in 1941, he was at Pearl Harbor when the attack happened (can't remember which ship) but one thing I do remember is he said he was laying in his rack listening to the radio and as the attack started the song "I don't want to set the world on fire" was playing.

Holy cats, thats some kind of coincidence! My description pretty well sets down my boyfriend too (he looks dreamy in his all whites), but I doubt he knows the song exists.

Maybe I was reincarnated...

Last edited:

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
The song is anything by Al Bowlly because I am somehow in England surrounded by hot English soldiers. He is tall, lanky, and has "classic" English looks with a large nose and large, far-set eyes. I find this English/European look to be so dreamy. Maybe that's why I married a Brit...;)

rotebander

New in Town
Well, the song would be anything. It doesn't matter. He would be tall, lanky, bespectacled, quiet, and a bit nervous. I've never gone for dashing, suave kind of guys. Plus, a ginger, and wearing something simple, but well-tailored.

MissHawthorne

New in Town
Lovely imagine...
He'd be tall, over 6', blue eyes, strong jaw and chin. Crisp white shirt, dark trousers and a burgundy tie, his jacket is slung over a chair somewhere because he got warm. As to music? Who cares, if I'm being swept off my feet, I won't even notice.

Bluebird Marsha

A-List Customer
Some of y'all ladies have pieced my fantasy together. All I can do is provide the pic. Dana.... Although I wouldn't kick the other guy out for leaving cracker crumbs behind :)
DanaAndrews.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy