Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

This or That

Ned Sparks - always thought Demarest overacted. (My same criticism of Shearer; whereas, Francis underplayed it really well most of the time).

Veronica Lake or Kim Basinger (played a Lake-like character in "LA Confidential")

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Veronica Lake, but only because my mother wore her hair, peek-a-boo style.
Pay attention double 'Oh' seven. There's so many to choose from, so I've gone for first and last.
Sean Connery or Daniel Craig.

Sean Connery (He owned the role in his first three outings, after that, it became more formula, but for the first three he was Bond. Craig, really close second, but where Connery occasionally had fun being Bond, Craig is almost always angry or angsty. That is what tipped it for me in favor of Connery, since you named the two best by far).

Lazenby or Dalton?

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Timothy Dalton, a trained actor with The Royal Shakespeare Company, or,
George Lazenby, some time model, best known on UK TV for an advert:
What do you think?
[video=youtube;3DWt39zk00I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DWt39zk00I[/video]

Hot Toddy

Eartha Kitt, Julie Newmar or Lee Meriwether?

Since there is a gap in or T or T, let's revisit this interesting but unanswered one. Again, I emphasize, three actors playing the same role against the same leads - a really neat test of what an actor brings to a role.

Eartha Kitt, Julie Newmar or Lee Meriwether?

Last edited:

GHT

I'll Lock Up
That's tough because the two models are so similar. The 289, seen here, is a beauty to behold, but then so is the 427, as seen here. Both models are to die for, and both are well beyond my means. So it comes down to power, if, in Britspeak, you are a petrolhead, you will probably go for the latter, but of the two models that I have shown, I would go for the 289, to me it has a styling influence reminiscent of the Austin Healy 3000.
Let me turn the tables on you.
3.8 Jaguar E-Type, or V12 E-Type.

Harp

I'll Lock Up
That's tough because the two models are so similar. The 289, seen here, [/url] is a beauty to behold, but then so is the 427, as seen here.[/url] Both models are to die for, and both are well beyond my means. So it comes down to power, if, in Britspeak, you are a petrolhead, you will probably go for the latter, but of the two models that I have shown, I would go for the 289, to me it has a styling influence reminiscent of the Austin Healy 3000.
Let me turn the tables on you.

I drove a '94XJS Jaguar convertible until I had a collision with the I.R.S. Great car. :car:

Cavett, while I don't tend to watch those type of shows, when I have seen them, I thought Cavett made it less about him in his comfortable-and-uncomfortable-at-the-same-time style. Carson seemed a little too much about Carson for my taste, but I get that he was talented.

Sonja Henie or Esther Wiliams?

LizzieMaine

Bartender
Cavett, while I don't tend to watch those type of shows, when I have seen them, I thought Cavett made it less about him in his comfortable-and-uncomfortable-at-the-same-time style. Carson seemed a little too much about Carson for my taste, but I get that he was talented.

Sonja Henie or Esther Wiliams?

Williams, a World's Fair "Aquabelle" made good. As a Fred Allen character pointed out, "an ackabelle is just like a pixie, only yer wet."

The Ritz Brothers or The Yacht Club Boys?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24