Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

This Ricky is a reproduction, right?

pdxvintagette

A-List Customer
photo.jpg

I just passed up this jacket for $150. It is at a totally respectable vintage shop, but it seems a little too good to be true, and in a rare large size...
Things that bother me about it:
No tag
No lining- interior and pockets are self fabric lined.

But it does have a metal talon zipper, and that slightly worn in look. Rayon gab. Can someone tell me conclusively if this is a current or past reproduction?It is a pretty large size and I would hate to miss out on a smokin deal. Pretty sure I made the right choice... But just checkin. Thanks!

pdxvintagette

A-List Customer
Do the flecks have white as well as black on yours? That photo was taken on my phone and the detail didn't come out super clear. Thanks!!

dakotanorth

Practically Family
Real McCoy?

I agree- it's either a Reminiscence from the 1980's, or a Style Eyes, Cream Soda, etc etc- one of the high-end Japanese reproductions from the past 10 years.
True vintage gabardine cannot be exactly copied- even the best repro's just feel different.

pdxvintagette

A-List Customer
dakotanorth said:
True vintage gabardine cannot be exactly copied- even the best repro's just feel different.

Thanks guys, your opinions helped a lot! I haven't run across Reminiscence before. Would someone mind posting a photo of the tag for my edification?

As to the comment above, I am not sure I agree. The texture of the jacket is perfect, as it is what kept me in doubt. But, I have also felt a rayon gab shirt made by Stussy that is virtually impossible to differentiate from the real thing, so while I think that perfect texture is uncommon in reproductions, it can be achieved. Especially if there is no poly content.

resortes805

Call Me a Cab
pdxvintagette said:
Thanks guys, your opinions helped a lot! I haven't run across Reminiscence before. Would someone mind posting a photo of the tag for my edification?

I'll try and find a pic. I remember it has a palm tree with "Reminiscence" printed in black, all on a white background.

mattfink

Practically Family
flat-top said:
Methinks it's an 80's repro by Reminiscence. I have a shirt by them in that exact same material.

Definitely agree with flat-top. Not worth $150 in this market and the fabric is not as good as the 50's stuff. You can also see that the collar looks a little small to be original also.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff