Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

This "sucks"... the Hoover And Other Vintage Vacuum Cleaners

Forgotten Man

One Too Many
Well, he's not on the Fedoralounge or YuTube... but, I'll take a photo or two of his Apex's next time I'm down there and I'll post them here to share.

He has many cleaners... one of the ones I like best is his early Air-Way that has the airplane on the bag!

He also collects antique washing machines. Some choice stuff he has!

bobbydavis

One of the Regulars
Please get photos.

Yes please take photos of all the machines.

I have many other pictures but I don't want to inundate your thread with
photos of Hoovers or other vacuums.

Check out my YouTube and let me know what you think.

Forgotten Man

One Too Many
Inundate? Well, I'm really enjoying the photos and Hoover vacuum stuff here... it's really something else! Post photos when you like, as often as you like! I'm not going to think you're tryin' to take over this thread or anything.

I'll see what I can do... the next time I visit him, I'll be sure to take a few photos of his best machines.

Forgotten Man

One Too Many
Keep in mind, I may have started this thread but, when someone is as or more passionate about old Hoover's, I'm more than tickled to have them share in this thread about Hoover Cleaners!

You have posted many great photos and historic photos of the machines and people using them or demonstrating them... just fantastic! I've been looking for photos like this on the net but very little surface or are even around!

Now, I do have a question and you may have an answer that I may like or may be expecting... I'm lookin' high and low for a scissor bag brace for my model 700. If you know of a place to get such a part or if you have a spare you'd sell me, please let me know! I'm looking for that last part to complete my restoration.

bobbydavis

One of the Regulars
Hoover Original Cloth Bags

HOOVERCLOTHBAG6.jpg
[/IMG]
HOOVARCLOTHBAG7.jpg
[/IMG]
HOOVEERCLOTHBAG5NOTANORIGINAL.jpg
[/IMG]
HOOVERCLOTHBAG4.jpg
[/IMG]
HOOVERCLOTHBAG1.jpg
[/IMG]
HOOVERCLOTHBAG2.jpg
[/IMG]
HOOVERCLOTHBAG3.jpg
[/IMG]

Some original (except the black (The Hoover Cleaner) cloth bags.
Some are actually replacements from the 40s & 50s.

bobbydavis

One of the Regulars
Hoover scissor assembly.

700spec09b.jpg
[/IMG]

These are frequent on eBay.

Even if the machine is not good, you should buy it just for the bag.

Somehow when I added some pics, I accidentally deleted some others and had to
replace them. They are not in the same order. Still learning how to post.

A great Memorial Day weekend!

BD

Forgotten Man

One Too Many
Yeah, I saw a machine that was basically the motor, the chassis and the bag... with the scissor bag brace still attached... with the strap! It was a buy it now for $9.99 and the shipping was $25 or something... That turned me away... I didn't want to spend that much on shipping... I'm kicking my self now because later that day, I went to look at it again and it sold! So, I'm still scissor brace-less. lol :(

I did buy one 541 that had a 40s replacement bag with the scissor brace on it for my model 575 years a go... I'd feel bad if I took that off of the 575 to use on the 700... I'm hoping to find a scissor brace... but, nothing has been on ebay for a while now in the way of pre-war Hoover stuff.

Have a great Memorial Day weekend too!

-=R

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buick