Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

This will be fun... Let's cast a remake of It's A Wonderful Life.

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
You're right: I will remove the word "*****" immediately and replace it with the phrase, "masculine female." Or should I say "*****"? I believe that word has been co-opted into the lesbian socio-cultural lexicon. Thank you for pointing it out, you *******************! ;)

Say, Captain, what did you think of the modern "1930s" suit I posted in the "Suits" section? I've been waiting to hear your opinion of it!

This was pruned a bit also. Keep on topic. We are politely discussing a movie remake, not use of words thank you.

jake_fink

Call Me a Cab
Any-hooo.... back to that rmeake with Jim Carrey and Robin Williams

Yeah. I'm not into that. Three reasons.
1. Remaking It's A Wonderful Life.
2. Jim Carrey as George
3. Robin Williams
BONUS REASON: Robin Williams.

Now back to that other discussion.

Bedford Falls is snoozeville, man. Pottersville rocks!! Whodda thought a town that small could support so many bars and burlesques. :cheers1:

MrBern

I'll Lock Up
Maybe 'butch spinster' would work?

Marc Chevalier said:
You're right: I will remove the word "dykey" immediately and replace it with the phrase, "masculine female." Or should I say "queer"? I believe that word has been co-opted into the lesbian socio-cultural lexicon. Thank you for pointing it out, you stinking garlic eater! ;)

Say, Captain, what did you think of the modern "1930s" suit I posted in the "Suits" section? I've been waiting to hear your opinion of it!

Wild Root

Gone Home
Not a bad line up.

DocIndyJones said:
I personally think it's fine just like it is but with hollywood running out of ideas I'm sure this will be appearing in the next couple years... SO who would you cast? Here are my selections...

121117715.jpg

So what do you think? I'll defend any of my selections to the end. I know there are a couple main people missing I just couldn'e find good pics to show but I post the rest of my secections later... depending on how well these are received.

-DocIndyJones

I know some don't like Jim Cary but, I couldn't pick a better candidate! He loves James Stewart and is a very versatile actor. Just watch the Majestic and you'll see his Golden Era appeal.

The rest, not a bad choice. But, I may have picked Kate Beckinsale to play Mary

Trickeration

Practically Family
I think Robin Williams would overpower "Clarence". I asked my kids and here's what they thought. My son is 12 and my daughter is 14, by the way. They suggested Dustin Hoffman as Clarence. I'm inclined to agree with them. Hoffman can play many different rolls. Rainman, Tootsie, Hero, Hook, Pappilon to name a few of his films with very different characters. My husband and I are blown away every time we watch him in Hook.

Well, that's our 2 cents. Happy Holidays :) Trix

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
This is fun -- I can see either Carey (well-directed) or Hanks in the lead role.

I think Robin Williams could do Clarence, as long as he doesn't go off on one of spiels. I could imagine him doing all sorts of voices and noises and ... yes, maybe Hoffman.

Re: "dykey or queer old maid librarian:" Having seen the film, I believe they meant she was an uptight, nervous old maid -- which, in that era, was the worst fate that could befall a woman. (Knowing it was Donna Reed playing that role, one would wonder why she couldn't find some other guy to marry if George Bailey was not around. Was the town that small?)

Gay women do not become gay because some guy is missing in their lives. Plus, most lesbians I have known would have tried to deck him when he hysterically ran up to her, not timidly freak-out and run away.

What about casting Zuzu, and the police officer Ward Bond played? And the bartender? Can't recall his name. And George's brother?

karol

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
HA HA!

You're darn right, Root: you should play George Bailey and Dan Riser should play his little brother.

I'd be happy to play Mary Bailey's old suitor: the guy who becomes rich in the soybean plastics business, lives in N.Y.C., and says "Hee Haw!" every time he sees George.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner