Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thoughts regarding Canadian leather maker, M0851

ericsanpablo31

One of the Regulars
Hi guys, I was wondering if anyone had any experience or opinions in regards to the Canadian leather company, M0851? I know their jacket styling is more fashion oriented than the jackets usually mentioned here, but I would still love to hear some thoughts if anyone cares to pipe in.

I was looking specifically at this jacket - http://goo.gl/kJO6eH the positive is that I live very close to a store where I can try on the jacket, and the fit is pretty much spot on. The detailing, etc. looks pretty good to my eye, but I wanted to see if anyone had any thoughts on the manufacturer, and jacket before I bite the bullet.

I know that there are similar jacket styles out there, but I really liked the simplicity of this one (even the centre back seam), and the cut.... more so having seen it in person.

I've a few jackets already, some from Aero, and was looking for something more light weight, and casual, as I do not ride. I considered a custom Johnson Leather jacket, but I already have similar jackets, and was hoping for something more modern, and youthful. I really like the silhouette of the m0851 jacket, and something seems a little different/off - classical, for lack of a better word - from the other leather makers I've seen.

Another pro for me is that m0851 is local, and made in Canada; aside from the ethical side of that, I don't have to worry about extra customs charges, surprise taxes, exchange rate, etc., so it actually ends up being cheaper or on par to the other jackets I was considering, as well as less stressful in regards to guessing fit (seeing as I can try before I buy).

Any thoughts, or even possible alternative suggestions much appreciated.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot