Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Threads That Go Astray

GOING OFF-TOPIC IN A THREAD: HOW MUCH DOES IT BOTHER YOU?

• Don't care -- can be funny

Votes: 26 47.3%
  • Depends on the thread's topic

Votes: 24 43.6%
  • Bothers me somewhat

Votes: 5 9.1%
  • Bothers me a lot

Votes: 4 7.3%

• Total voters

Dixon Cannon

My Mail is Forwarded Here
As I was saying...

...about Bagism, you see - you get in this bag and you jump out the window. Next thing you know, you've got a policeman on your head. :eek:fftopic: ?

What were we talking about????...

Paisley

I'll Lock Up
Funny is fine, but we don't all have the same sense of humor. I don't want to be a party pooper, but I've outgrown the pee-pee jokes. Isn't that what PMs are for?

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Topis are starting points that some one can actualy remember to post but can lead to engaging conversations about stuff that no one would have ever thought to post.

YaY.

LD

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
Problem is that at times Marc, you have a single minded sense of humor and it always leads to the flirtatious side. Not bad once in a while, though you sometimes break away from leaving meaningful posts to outright take it to the silly level and seem to never let the thread return to its roots... Not all threads need to break away from their topic, in fact it should be the rare occurance rather than the norm... the fact that you bring this to our attention with it's own thread shows that you yourelf are seeing it as a hot button issue. Good for you!

More moderation of such posts may be enforced in the future.

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
Matt Deckard said:
... the fact that you bring this to our attention with it's own thread shows that you yourelf are seeing it as a hot button issue. Good for you!

Why, thank you! (I think.)

Now, when the heck are you going to post those photos of Sunday night at The Derby? That certainly would be a meaningful post.

Marc, why don't you do an experiment along this line? Create a thread entitled something like Blank and see how far it goes starting with NO topic at all. It certainly would never be off topic and you could gauge where it goes and how many people participate. There was that please deleted this thread thread. :D

Regards,

J

Paisley

I'll Lock Up
Matt Deckard said:
Problem is that at times Marc, you have a single minded sense of humor and it always leads to the flirtatious side. Not bad once in a while, though you sometimes break away from leaving meaningful posts to outright take it to the silly level and seem to never let the thread return to its roots... Not all threads need to break away from their topic, in fact it should be the rare occurance rather than the norm... the fact that you bring this to our attention with it's own thread shows that you yourelf are seeing it as a hot button issue. Good for you!

More moderation of such posts may be enforced in the future.

Well said. I don't mind so much when a thread turns to another topic, I just don't like it when it turns into banter that isn't of interest to anyone but the participants.

I answered "it depends on the topic." I think the topic should be something germaine to the FL site, and something that's likely of general interest to the members.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner