Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tie Space

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
As you may or may not know, tie space is the the open space where two sides of the collar meet. I prefer no tie space and like the collar to create an unbroken upside down "V" at the top of the collar.

So what do you like? more less? Just curious.

Insane professor look

Hard to tell
l_6c440edb5dbf2118da9d0cccc618d2bf.jpg

Millionaire playboy look.
No tie space
l_c689edcf720fb3b0cf0605e59ca62e83.jpg

Steve

Practically Family
I agree. The look of a tie knot floating around inside a wide space makes it look like it was tied in a hurry and not checked in a mirror.

The Wingnut

One Too Many
I'd prefer none, but it's difficult to find shirts that are made that way without dishing out a load of dough...

Shirts are one of the few things I'll cut corners on. They wear out fast, they're usually covered up, and truly good ones cost you more than I've paid for two suits combined. As long as it's not spread points and has decent french cuffs, I'm not too picky. Just wish I could find some in the $20 - $30 range that had proper drop points, zero tie space, and sturdy french cuffs.

Ed

Familiar Face
Orgetorix said:
Any idea what their price range is?

Individualized does not sell online or directly to the public.
You have to buy from an independent men's shop that uses
Individualized for their MTM shirts. Prices start at about $125 for
a very basic cotton broadcloth or pinpoint and can range to
$300 and more.

They are available at Bergdorf, Saks, Oxxford and other stores
throughout the United States.

vonwotan

Practically Family
For the most part I wear bow ties and find that tie space makes ties look sloppy or poorly fitted. The shirts I own from a very cheap Hong Kong tailor with excessive tie space are work with ascots...
Cheers,
Rafe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy