Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

'Tis the season for dry hands and feet!

fourstarbanner

One of the Regulars
Its already bitterly cold in the north, and my hands are taking quite a beating.

What methods/products do you use to bring moisture back into your lifeless limbs?

pretty faythe

One Too Many
I use sweet oil, all over myself....freakin weather, wreaks havok with my mild excema and makes me itch like crazy!!!! My legs, my sides, and my arms...grrrrrr!!! I use a pumice on my index fingers, thats where my dryness really get, in the shower then the sweet oil, its been helping. After I shower, I cocobutter or shea butter. If really bad, I'll use a psorosis lotion. Costly, but works wonders.

BonnieJean

Practically Family
I personally like the Nivea Creme that comes in a little blue purse-sized tin. (I get it for about a dollar at Walgreens.) Its the best stuff "hands down".
Sorry I just had to add that pun! lol

My other skin care preference is Curel lotion. I have sensitive and dry skin and the Curel makes it feel so smooth and the softness seems to last quite a while.

jazzzbaby

One of the Regulars
Miss Brill said:
You should also try baby oil mixed with salt as a scrub.

I recently read that you should give your hands a nice scrub as you suggested. It had never dawned on me to treat my hands like my face, but that is what they suggested for younger looking hands.

My best attempt act combating dryness is taking cold cream and applying it to my entire body and leaving it on after a shower. My skin feels so much better. Unfortunately, in this dry weather I have to do it twice a week rather than the once.

A woman who was on Oprah once swore by moisturizing day & night. The lady was in her mid 70s and looked like she was 55 years old. So...lots & lots of lotions, cremes, and oils!

missmelly

One of the Regulars
Give yourself manicures because nail tips get brittle and are prone to splitting or tearing. Also, be sure to take care of cuticles lest they crack and become hang-nails. Try to minimize coming in contact with paper (filing or copying). I work in a file room and do a lot of copying as well.:( So basically, quite your jobs for the winter and get manicures! ;)
.:Miss Melly:.
PS - I recommend the Dead Sea salt scrubs. They've worked well for me.

PS

A-List Customer
Nivea Cream Germany for me and Jojoba Oil. Head to toe. I couldn't find the little tins anymore so I ordered online. Now I have an enormous jar in the fridge sealed in a freezer bag and refill my small jar when it gets low.

Kim_B

Practically Family
the best thing I have found for my feet is Bath & Body Works Shea It Isn't So foot cream. This stuff works miracles I tell ya!

Dracca

One of the Regulars
Oh, the time of year is getting bad for dry skin. I am in the desert so I usually use a lot of moisturizers. I use the aveeno moisturizing body wash everyday and then put on the Caress 'energy glow' lotion head to toe afterwards (mainly because I like the little sparkels in it but it does leave my skin on my body nice and soft all year). Then I try to put the avveno skin relief lotion on my hands several times a day. In the winter I often go to the Olay Quench therapy (for elbows, etc. it says) on my feet at night, with some socks on while just wandering around the house and my hands as needed. It works ok, my feet though I have not found any lotion that works 100% in the winter, I seem to always end up just requiring pedicures more often in nov - Feb to keep them at their best.

PS

A-List Customer
PolkaDotMeggie said:
Question!! How the heck do you apply lotion evenly on your back? Or do you ladies not use it there? I have always just focused on arms, legs, etc.
You mean that isn't what hair conditioner is for?lol I don't think I've ever put lotion there.

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
Ok...if one wants to lotion their back....and does not have someone willing to help....

When I got my tattoo I couldn't actually reach it...so I went out and got a long handled plastic spoon from the 99 cent store....apply lotion to the rounded side of it...use handle to help reach places....

silly looking but it works...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy