Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

To beard or not to beard?

LostInTyme

A-List Customer
On and off and on again.........

Attachments

• C1B8117E-D36E-4B17-B9DE-35538B023A89.jpeg
    C1B8117E-D36E-4B17-B9DE-35538B023A89.jpeg
    156.3 KB · Views: 84
I generally agree. Why didn’t I grow a beard long ago? People give me a bit more respect. Deserved? Of course not. But I’m not above taking it.

Aah, I forgot the other funny thing!
When I shave, I very often like to apply a good bodycream all around my face, after a minimum pause of 30 minutes.
And WHEN I do with my favorite storebrand MED (hand)cream, which is one of the 5% Urea ones, it always astonishes me, that my skin promptly looks practically TEN years younger, no joke! This cream makes the skin looking fresh and shiny, without smearing.
So I have to avoid this, when I want to be called "Sie". ;)

Tiki Tom

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I agree with this article’s conclusion that women tend to find beards attractive. I particularly noted that many women think men with beards would make good fathers because growing beards shows patience and commitment.

That said, I was not able to grow a good beard until later in life (maybe I didn’t have patience and commitment until then). By then I was already married for 25+ years, so who cares what women —other than my wife— think?

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/real-life/bearded-lads-more-attractive-women-30834522

Tiki Tom

Was at a store yesterday. Me and some stranger (and his son) were looking at Santa hats. Glancing up, I noticed that the guy was sporting a very good full white beard.
”you’ve got the beard to match the hat,” I said.
He whipped out his phone and showed me a bunch of pictures of himself in a full-on Santa suit, sitting in a sled, with kids on his lap, etc.
Wow.
He said that in most years he was Santa from Thanksgiving to Christmas and he really enjoys it.
This year his wife talked him into a holiday vacation in Hawaii Instead.
But he felt naked without at least a Santa hat in the run up to Christmas.
I am sure he is thrilling kids on the beach in Waikiki all this week!

Visited a barber last week who bollocksed the beard trim:oops:so had to be clean shaven instead.
Santa slipped away and I feel like a sheared sheep.

I've trimmed my own mustache and goatee/beard from day one. It might not be perfect, but it's how I want it. The last time I got a haircut I neglected to mention that I would trim my own sideburns, and the hairdresser/barber cut them so low they're STILL growing out. :mad:

Tiki Tom

Great beard!
I too have the patchy thing. First few months look like hell. But it eventually fills in.
A stranger once advised me to shave my beard because “it will make you look ten years younger.”
I don’t want to look younger. I’m going for the wise man, wizard/Gandalf, prophet, Greek god, robust patriarch archetype. I want to look like Zeus!

Last edited:
But yeah, again my tip.
IF you are already a wetshave veteran and you're able to shave without any noteworthy skin damage, that you don't really need an after shave splash, than just give 5% Urea bodycream a chance. Believe me, it's worth! :) The skin gets nice hydrated, relaxed and also looks younger and fresh.

Just because of that, I don't really like generic bodycreams with too much sunflower oil. Not to mention shea butter over an acceptable level.

But on the other side, I still like jojoba oil in bodycreams. It's a better option, in my opinion.

Aloe Vera? Meh...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24