Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

To take a trip back to the golden era, go here.

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
If anyone happens to live near the Akron Ohio area, or if you happen to be passing through, check out the F.A.Seiberling estate, Stan Hywett Hall. I've had the good fortune to visit a few times and it's absolutely amazing!!!
Read the link on the page called, "Use of Estate" and you can see that even back then people had a desire for things retro.

http://www.stanhywet.org/main/mansion.asp

Lena_Horne

One of the Regulars
That looks splendid, I'm sure it's even more fun to explore in person.

I had the chance to explore the John H. Bass mansion this past Sunday in Fort Wayne, Indiana. Though it has been converted into a library it is still fantastic just to go through the many rooms and wonder at what it would have been like to grow up there. I also took photographs of some of the rooms and the area surrounding if anyone's interested.

L_H

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
By all means,...

Lena_Horne said:
That looks splendid, I'm sure it's even more fun to explore in person.

I had the chance to explore the John H. Bass mansion this past Sunday in Fort Wayne, Indiana. Though it has been converted into a library it is still fantastic just to go through the many rooms and wonder at what it would have been like to grow up there. I also took photographs of some of the rooms and the area surrounding if anyone's interested.

L_H

...post some pics. :)

Lena_Horne

One of the Regulars
I know I promised these a month ago but I finally uploaded my pictures onto the computer today. Some of these were taken from a perspective that highlights architectual qualities versus asthetic as I have a few friends that I share photos with in architecture school. ...And unfortunately I've also found that they need to be resized as their size makes them sort of blurry...

I'll try again hopefully this evening.

L_H

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails