Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TOBACCO JOURNAL July 13, 1940

Puyallup Lee

New in Town
Hi Everyone,

I have been posting items in other areas so I thought I would see if you want me to post with this group.

I have been selling paper items, mostly ads from magazines, for the last 40 years or so, at swapmeets and flea markets. I have over 40,000 ads in storage now because I have quit vending at the different meets. I also have a large quanitity of assorted magazines that are uncut.

The other day I was looking through a box and discovered this Tobacco Journal. I thought you might like to see what was happening in the Tobacco industry in 1940.

This is a large format magazine and I have to scan each page two times then stitch the two halves together to make up one page. It takes some time to get this done, so I did the first three pages to see if there is any interest. The magazine is 32 pages so it will take a couple of days to complete the project if the interest is there.

Here are the first three pages.

Page1-1.jpg

Page2.jpg

Page3.jpg

If this is something you would like to see, let me know.

Lee

rmrdaddy

One Too Many
Neat stuff!

Interesting some of the issues they were dealing with in 1940 are still issues today!!

Please post more if you can!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner