Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Too Old for a Short Leather Jacket?

SoCalSoftailSlim

One of the Regulars
If you ride a motorcycle or have some other utility for a short leather jacket, then it REALLY doesn't matter what others think. Best jacket for the job.

Even if you don't ride, if you enjoy wearing a short leather jacket, who cares. Do what you like. Young guys with girlie bodies look even worse in a short leather jacket than older guys with a few extra pounds, IMHO.

Hammer Down

One of the Regulars
I doubt this guy rides or he wouldn't listen to what his wife says ;). A fairly short jacket length is what one needs on a motorcycle to feel comfortable

seabass

Call Me a Cab
Too Young for a Long Leather Jacket ?
232323232%7Ffp54386%3Enu%3D35%3A8%3E%3A82%3E465%3E2699%3A8255625%3Aot1lsi

He dont need permission & yup he wears short ones too.:cool:
232323232%7Ffp5438%3B%3Enu%3D35%3A8%3E%3A82%3E45%3B%3E2699%3A8254%3C25%3Aot1lsi

Last edited:

Cole

One of the Regulars
My wife calls my A2 an old men jacket. So there is no problem with you older guys wearing one, 'cause my wife said so. ;)

Generally speaking I would say, wear what you are comfortable with. If a short jacket fits your frame and you feel good, wear it.

Buzp

New in Town
Seabass, that's the perfect picture to show you are never too old or too young to enjoy a good leather jacket.
Your pal with you in the photos looks like he is ready for any adventure and reminds me that when my boys were that age they wanted to do whatever I was doing. I now have two adult sons that still enjoy a day outdoors with their old dad.

nice hat dude!

One Too Many
I have come to the conclusion women have bigger cojones than us gents,when was the last time you ever told yours something made her look old,fat,haggard ect. Oh wait if you did you wouldn't be here to answer that question(haha)

PS.Nice to see you're feeling better SeaBass

Last edited:

seabass

Call Me a Cab
nice hat dude !
Thank you recovery is coming along very well.
You got a good point about Wimmen, My Gal can get that way,
good thing she actually wears short vintage leathers herself, which are very very hard to find for Gals...
Buzp , Coffee Gracias
even harder to find in Rug-Rat size.....

oneterrifichog

Practically Family
nice hat dude !
Thank you recovery is coming along very well.
You got a good point about Wimmen, My Gal can get that way,
good thing she actually wears short vintage leathers herself, which are very very hard to find for Gals...
Buzp , Coffee Gracias
even harder to find in Rug-Rat size.....

Looking Good SeaBass!!

Aero can make anything for any size child, I mentioned this earlier but Ken made a Highwayman for my daughter at 10. We manage to stretch it over the next 6 years. But both jackets are gorgeous I think you did really well. Are both vintage? Or is yours an Aero Long Halfbelt?

seabass

Call Me a Cab
Looking Good SeaBass!!

Aero can make anything for any size child, I mentioned this earlier but Ken made a Highwayman for my daughter at 10. We manage to stretch it over the next 6 years. But both jackets are gorgeous I think you did really well. Are both vintage? Or is yours an Aero Long Halfbelt?
Your a great Papa ! Betcha she is a Cutie...
Minime is wearin Gapkids & i have a bigger one identical real leather too..
Gonna pass em down to the 1 year old soon
i am wearin a old wards it has the cool wine rayon lining....& i have around 6 of these long style. Some have a higher zipper start where the zipper is a insert in a inner flap, good for a Hardtail bobber with the spring solo seat & the bottom's dont flap around either..Probably built for that Purpose (Riding) the way there sewn on. That would be cool if Aero offered that on the long jackets.
the kid has a HH Lost worlds waitin to grow into maybe when he is 9 & some old vintage very hard to find vintage pieces...
He can have my Aeros when he gets big....

ANY way I do wear some very short leathers & as long as the pants are High waisted they look great....
& it seems that Aero has the chubby tummy covered...for the shorter jackets Belted models if you dont tell em you will recieve a wide bottom seems standard but not true to a vintage original

apba1166

A-List Customer
I thought about putting in my 2 cents, blinked and now there's 12 pages about this. Too bad, here's another page.

When I was married my wife thought I should start "dressing my age"--this was as I was approaching 50. I thought about that: and said 'Nah." After I got divorced....badda bing.... and was single again, I took it under advisement, and it helped a great deal, I am convinced, in the dating game. No guy over 40 should be in a "short" leather jacket. I remember being 22 way back and seeing some 42 year old guy in one and thought he looked ridiculous. I am now 59. I have a slew of leather jackets (and always had), jeans, boots, and of course a lot of stuff to dress my age in when I want/have to. So here's what I think: Who cares what ANYBODY thinks you look like--especially after 40 (maybe even after 20) --what matters is what YOU want to do. And I like waking up in the morning and putting on my "ridiculous" stuff. It makes me feel good, and if I feel good I act good, and if I act good I do good and if I do good I get good. And so on. So bring on the cool hats, the denim jackets, the paisley shirts, and the tight corduroys and when you take the nice single woman to the concert, put on the Hickey Freeman and Canali--because that can be fun to, if you don't have to wear it everyday. Variety is the....finish that for me please someone.

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
Most women are more critical about what they wear & feel that after they've reached a certain age ,should
not wear or dress as a teenager with the short skirt for example. So they feel that the men should also
dress their age. But , I asked my wife & she told me that this is not the same for guys , to a certain degree.
She said , older men can wear leather jacket & get away with it. Of course , it depends on where you are
going , but nevertheless , it's acceptable. With a women , it's a little different .
I , personally think it's nice to see older women wear a short skirt …but that's
just me. ;) Not all males may agree ! That's ok too .

Last edited:

nice hat dude!

One Too Many
I , personally think it's nice to see older women wear a short skirt …but that's
just me. ;) Not all males may agree ! That's ok too .[/QUOTE]

What's that old adage Jake,"If you got it flaunt it"bring on the short skirts!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran