Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tootal - The Company History and its products (ties, scarves etc)

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
Pattern detail from a 1950s black quality tie:
black-quality-paisley-detai_zps86194b96.jpg

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
I can't believe i missed out on this selection of Tootal Boys ties & scarf:

$T2eC16N,!yME9s5qF80uBRZY6Hbv,Q~~60_57.JPG

$T2eC16Z,!y0E9s2S8i1SBRZY5ovZH!~~60_57.JPG

$T2eC16V,!y0E9s2S65KZBRZY4tEuVQ~~60_57.JPG

$T2eC16Z,!ygE9s7HJ-n1BRZY3QzIvg~~60_57.JPG

It was on ebay - I was bidding, then I forgot that it was ending today!!

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
They are great designs but they are too small to actually wear (unless you have a very small neck). I wanted them simply out of historical curiosity.

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
Detail from a Standard Quality tie:
swirls-detail_zpsd5215e70.jpg

Here is a label that I don't think has been posted on this thread yet. It's a 'red quality' label, but the tie is cotton rather than the more common rayon. Also, it's the only example I own where the label is sewn on the thin end of the tie.
cotton---red-quality_zps612cca98.jpg

cotton---red-quality-2_zps28a66838.jpg

Last edited:

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
I never seem to find polka-dot ties. And that one is in red and green, my favourite combination.

Also, I have about 60 Tootal scarves but not one polka-dot scarf. I think it's the mods and the wannabe Spitfire pilots who spend silly money on old Tootal polka-dot scarves.

esteban68

Call Me a Cab
I know TT I have a cycling friend who wants a cravat and he wants a blue and white polka dot one and the reason is "it's what spitfire pilots used to wear".....love that red label 'tassel' above by the way, I think the green polka dot one above will be going as I have plenty of green ties.

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
Tried to send a PM but your inbox is full. How many spare Tootals have you got? What colours/styles etc do you want in return?

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
Nice to see another contributor in this thread. I suspect the green one (with the unpleated neckband) is the oldest.

Strangely, although I don't like the fabric they used in the Grosvenor range, I rather like the design of the deep green one. The pattern is so deep and hidden in dull colours that it somehow appeals to me.

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
Nice to see another contributor in this thread. I suspect the green one (with the unpleated neckband) is the oldest.

Strangely, although I don't like the fabric they used in the Grosvenor range, I rather like the design of the deep green one. The pattern is so deep and hidden in dull colours that it somehow appeals to me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy