Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tooting My Own Horn!

RedHotRidinHood

Practically Family
I don't do this very often, but I have to show this off. For one, it's a darned cool thing and a neat piece of history, and for another, I was the seller! I picked it up at a church sale about 2 weeks ago, and I almost didn't buy it. I kept picking it up and putting it down, and finally decided to buy it. I am glad to know that it will go to a good home. Sounds like the high bidder is a collector.

Sometimes, I love eBay. :D

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl....ebay.com:80/200108105152_W0QQfromZR40QQfviZ1

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
That is so freekin' exciting!! What was your profit? I bought a pair of lucite shoes on ebay one year and only wore them to a wedding, so I thought I'd put them back on ebay, since they were so cute, I didn't ever wear them, and I'm a US 9.5, which is rare in vintage shoes.

Bought 'em for $9.99, sold them for over $200. Man was I excited!

RedHotRidinHood

Practically Family
Well.............it was less than a buck that I paid. I am kind of embarrassed to admit that because I was going back and forth on buying it-now if that's not cheap I don't know what is! I have been doing this long enough to know that I should just trust my instincts, for heaven's sake!
Thank you!

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
RedHotRidinHood said:
Well.............it was less than a buck that I paid. I am kind of embarrassed to admit that because I was going back and forth on buying it-now if that's not cheap I don't know what is! I have been doing this long enough to know that I should just trust my instincts, for heaven's sake!
Thank you!

I know how that is though, you're like, well, that am I going to DO with this! Guess you made the right choice. lol

RedHotRidinHood

Practically Family
Yes, I certainly did! It is a neat little piece of history, and I am glad that it ran through my hands. Sometimes for me, that is enough. But I still have boxes of "What am I going to DO with this" stuff...now what do I do!!lol

CanadaDoll

Practically Family
Wow! congratulations, that's one heck of a turn over:eusa_clap
And what a neat medal too, although myself I'd have been tempted to keep itlol

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic