Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Top Hat. Costume?

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Congrats on the wedding , my new friend.

I could not be more proud! Hey, Mr. Cavanaugh...post some wedding pictures! How about the "honeymoon"? Introduce your wonderful bride:)

I am very glad that in a very small way I could help you, a fellow LOUNGER, with having a nice top hat for your most special and live long event, your wedding.

I have 17 years under my belt so far, and a 15 year old boy to show for itlol

Spend some private time together for a few years..then let the ..er...hope it's a boy!

nulty

One of the Regulars
What a wonderful way to create memories on your special day!..

Best of luck to you and your new bride.....

It will be 20 years for me and the missus in 2007 and she still likes me in a hat....

Be Well.....

GOK

One Too Many
Orgetorix said:
Well, folks, I did it, thanks to Andykev's generous loan of his hat!

tophat2.jpg

Wow, how stunning do you look? I am so pleased you went with what you wanted and didn't forego it because of tradition etc. Good for you (and kudos to Andykev too)! :eusa_clap Now....where are the pics of your lady? :D

Orgetorix

Call Me a Cab
Thanks, all for your kind comments--and thanks especially to Dmitri for your help with the picture!

GOK, we still haven't received all of the proofs from our photographer yet, so when we do I will post a picture of my lovely wife.

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Oooh! Very dapper! I only hope that when I get married someday that my groom will look so handsome! I'd love to see some of you and your bride! :D

David V

A-List Customer
Congratulations! You looked great. And I'm sure your bride appreciated your efforts.

I recently told my wife that if I knew then (28+years ago) what I know now I would have worn mornig clothes, topper and all.

jgogg

New in Town
Now that you have the suit, go ahead and buy the top hat!

Now that you have acquired the morning suit, I am sure you will wish to go ahead and buy a top hat to go with. (And formal evening wear as well). I bought my first top hat at Meyer the Hatters in New Orleans and have worn it fairly frequently to charity events and whenever I go to Galatoire's for dinner. It is lots of fun to attend any nice restaurant in formal wear. But, when leaving Galatoire's and wandering down Bourbon Street, it is a real delight. My brother and three
sons all own formal wear, so we typically dress for dinner when we all get together no matter where we are. We have worn formal wear out for an evening in Atlanta, Memphis, Las Vegas and on cruises as well. It never fails to please the ladies...

Topper

Vendor
The only problem is that no one has a cloak & Hat room anymore :mad: one is lucky to find a basic coat-room at theatres now days, let alone restaurants.

jgogg

New in Town
While cloak rooms and hat checks are rare, since few
folks wear a hat, it is typically not a problem to draft a chair nearby to
serve as a hat stand. When you attend Galatoire's, they will take your hat and cloak.

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
I ripped up the check

Well, the Top Hat returned home to me safely. Thanks Jeff. I am very glad you were able to use the hat in your wedding.

Tell Andrea that I ripped up the check you so kindly sent to cover my cost to send the hat to you!

I appreciate and treasure your kind thank you note enclosed in the box.

You, sir, are a class act, and a true gentleman on the Lounge.

I hope to see a lot of you here, my friend.

Andykev said:
Well, the Top Hat returned home to me safely. Thanks Jeff. I am very glad you were able to use the hat in your wedding.

Tell Andrea that I ripped up the check you so kindly sent to cover my cost to send the hat to you!

:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Orgetorix

Call Me a Cab
Andykev said:

You're very kind yourself, and it is a pleasure spending time here with you and all the other fine folks. Thanks again so much!

Chanfan

A-List Customer
I also look forward to seeing pictures of your wedding.

Alas, at my own wedding, despite having morning dress, I did not have a top hat. It was 1880's themed, as my wife is quite the seamstress (at least for historical womens clothes), and a top had would have gone well.

I also just attended a wedding of a friend in London - my first time there - and the wedding was morning dress rented - err, hired - from Moss Brothers. Alas, no hats then either, but it does make me want to own morning dress.

luvthatlulu

Suspended
I think that the mere fact that you have to ask the question should tell you the answer -- NO!

I'm not saying it isn't classy. I am saying to most folk you're either going to look like a high-schooler going to his first prom or a 1940s Japanese diplomat. Or Flavor Flav. Which one in your mind has the most positive image?

P. S. - Congratulations, young man!!!

metropd

One Too Many
You look great! I would wear it to work Tony. I honesly think you would get more compliments then even the fedoras..:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn