Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tour of Hatco/Resistol/Stetson factory in Garland

Thanks for sharing, stinker. I wonder if they only do groups, or have tours for those that just show up. Would be nice if they'd recognize that they make more than westerns, as well. But it is Texas, right? Great to see some of the equipment. I'd like to see a modern video that shows us what the 1920s one did.

Also, stinker, if you go - don't forget the Outlet Store!!

javadave61

Practically Family
Yes, I was there this week, and I learned that tickets are only $5. But they said to call ahead and reserve a spot. Sounds like it will be a small, personal type of tour. Unfortunately I was not there on a Tuesday or a Thursday.

Rogera

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I will be there for my next trip. We went to San Antonio a couple of weeks ago and visited Paris Hatters. He had a large selection of hats in stock. The owner was nice but very picky about anyone handling the hats.

WesternHatWearer

A-List Customer
I am venturing to Dallas in a few weeks. I will not be in Dallas on a Tuesday or Thursday, but I am undeterred all the same. I am going by the factory outlet. I wish to see if there is something I may add to my collection. I will even procure a dress hat should the opportunity arise. I am excited and just wanted to share. :)

I am venturing to Dallas in a few weeks. I will not be in Dallas on a Tuesday or Thursday, but I am undeterred all the same. I am going by the factory outlet. I wish to see if there is something I may add to my collection. I will even procure a dress hat should the opportunity arise. I am excited and just wanted to share. :)
The Outlet Store alone is worth the trip over. Hope Dave is there, he's full of hat info. My next "trip goal" is to go to felting plant in Longview , TX. Not sure if they even have tours but will check that out before heading for that neck of the woods...

WesternHatWearer

A-List Customer
If you get the opportunity to tour the felting facility, please share photos. If they allow photos to be taken. I have seen a few videos that have clips from the Longview location. It appears they are a lot things to learn at the Longview plant.
I think it would be nice to see the process up close, such as the fur mixers, see how the fur comes out like a blanket, the vacuum cone blank former and so on.
All the best!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou