Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Transgendered Hat & more...

Al_Ojeda

Familiar Face
More transformation: Helen Kamisky hat for women velour furfelt and a Homburg 7 1/8 to a Bowler 7 3/8 ( my version of bowler)

This is the Kamiski from Australia
fedoraL.jpg

Homburg to Bowler
bowler.jpg

Enjoy your hats

reetpleat

Call Me a Cab
Wow, I wouldn't have thought the first one possible. Impressive. Modern technology is quite amazing these days.

I would be willing to bet this is the first time transgendered has been used on this site.

Tiller

Practically Family
Al_Ojeda I was impressed the last time you did one of these threads, and I am even more impressed this time! Well done!:eusa_clap Did you use the same process as before, or did you have to change it up a bit this time?

bolthead

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Amazing Job Al....

.....on both of them. ::eusa_clap :eusa_clap

I would be willing to bet this is the first time transgendered has been used on this site.

Well, it won't be the last I promise you.
Since I have a fairly small melon, I'm lucky enough to see many nice womens hats in my size. I just don't want 100% wool.
Although I have seen a few nice straws lately.

Al_Ojeda

Familiar Face
Tiller, I used the same process as you can see in this pictaorial the only diferent is that in this hat the crown is a little taller. in the brown one the brim is 2 5/8 and in this black one 2 1/2.

The Bowler actually became bowler accidentally, first a was thinking in flatting the curl brim from the homburg, but them I noticed when I put in the block that the bowler shape was more interesting because the crown was to low for a fedora.:D

proces.jpg

Maguire

Practically Family
You removed the outer band i see. How did you go about getting the brim to all stick up like that?

Do you do anything to the band on the inside?

I made a post that got eaten somehow.

What I said was, that first hat in particular illustrates that a hat is a pretty simple thing, and that it can often be reworked to scarcely resemble what it was originally.

Good work, Al. You obviously can see a hat for what it is, and what it might be. Bravo!

CRH

Call Me a Cab
tonyb said:
What I said was, that first hat in particular illustrates that a hat is a pretty simple thing, ...

Indeed.

But without brims Europeans would have never been able to conquer the United States west of the Mississippi - they would have all died of sunburn :eek:.

Sorry for the interruption. Well done, Al_Ojeda :eusa_clap.

Ordinary Guy

One Too Many
WOW, you guys do some tremendous things with hats....

You are actually giving me some nerve to maybe try something myself....

But first I need to buy some hat equiptment.....

I never knew hats could be so much fun and enjoyment besides wearing them..

Thanks to all here......:eusa_clap

jpbales

Practically Family
awesome work!!!

next time I see one of those ladies hats sitting in an antique store, I'm going to have to give it a second thought!

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Sorry to have missed this thread before. Man Al Ojeda -- absolutely terrific work, and a great job of documentation. Thanks! Great job!

Cheers,
JtL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany