Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Trench Lighters

Marlowe

One of the Regulars
Well, I don't know about making one. It seems like it would take a lot of specialized equipment--spot welders, stamping machines & so on. Maybe just buy one...

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
I fully agree

You should buy that! It's only $22.95! You could not possibly make something like that for anywhere near that cheap price.

To engineer and have the tooling to make this item, well the parts alone would be much more than the sales price of the one at that company. I think it is a very nice item, but not being a smoker, don't need one.

Good post. I like seeing neat "old time" stuff like that!

Retro Grouch

One of the Regulars
Here are a couple more.

vgm_trench3.jpg

Lighters Galore

WWI_Trench.jpg

Trench Lighter

light006.jpg

Lighter Museum

Tom

Mr. Sable

A-List Customer
I think I got my trench lighter through some Regal or Avon-like catalogue a coworker's kid brought to work in order to raise funds for school or something. The second one pictured in Retro Grouch's post is the one I have.

Some guy on the street asked me for a light, I took it out and lit his smoke and he goes, "Whoa! High tech lighter!"

"Yeah, that World War One technology was pretty advanced.", I said.

I'm not a smoker, btw. I keep a lighter for fuses and such. ;)

Bogie1943

Practically Family
Ya know, I was thinking, this would make an interesting bobble to clip to your A-2. I mean I have the traditional whistles on my, and the bomb tags, but this would be a new yet still period addition. Maybe the pilots father gave him the lighter when he went off to war, his father having been in WWI, perhaps?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner