Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Turquoise/Native American jewelry

Michaelshane

One Too Many
This is Bisbee.made it for Perry Null several years ago...fourteen K gold.
D18D8B45-4CC5-4D46-8FD6-C05375B62FFF-277-0000002DB67790D9.jpg

This is also one I made for him.This I consider the very best Turqouise in the world.Perfectly matched highest quality number eight spiderweb.

B924F2DF-CD3A-43D4-8E0E-C518BE179995-277-0000002D9DD62C0F.jpg

Michaelshane

One Too Many
This is Perry's gold watch bracelet I made about 25 years ago.It was stolen once.The Turqouise was recovered in a pawn shop in Phoenix and I remade it for him.It had three one carat diamonds on it they were not recovered.
3422203E-E00A-4AF4-811E-4F1DB65A0AF2-8570-00000D2E2414CD9D.jpg

howardeye

Practically Family
Fabulous!!! That is the stuff I wear! The cuff that is. My daily wear cuff is 107 grams by Darin Bill. Is that overlay or did you cut the design out of a solid bar? Steve was my inspiration to start making my own jewelry! All my metal work I learned from his DVD since there is no school or silversmiths willing to teach where I live. We also put our trust in the same person! I sold a lot of his creations and my wife took most of it. I even bought back what I could.

The number eight you used is superb and the watch is great also. You are not boring us. I am sure Alan is licking his chops. Thank you for your additions!

Last edited:
Wore this today... among other things, it does a great job of holding the hat down on a windy day. More photos (different hat) are posted on the second page of this thread.

102413.jpg

Orangegrad

Practically Family
Alan - beautiful band for the Stetson.

Spiny oyster ring, medicine wheel on leather thong, and heeshee and ghost bead bracelet (made this one myself). The fedora is a Fed IV Deluxe in Heritage Fawn.

IMG_2306.jpg

Orangegrad

Practically Family
I purchased this Ray Tracey arrow pendant for my wife. I was taken by the twist on the traditional theme of the arrow being an extension of the Yei. In this contemporary approach, Yei symbols are woven into the arrow.

IMG_2308.jpg

Orangegrad

Practically Family
Alan - we haven't even been out west yet. We'll be visiting Southern New Mexico the end of December.

There are two men from whom I purchase most of my jewelry. One, Dan Birk, who owns a trading post in Arizona. The other is the Navajo artisan Erick Begay, who sells his own work and the works of many of his friends and relatives.

Though I do not have any known Native American blood coursing through my veins, as a full-blooded member of another "tribe" I have found some symmetry between my own spiritual beliefs and those who have lived in the Americas for thousands of years.

Last edited:
I understand, Andy.

Today on the left side... an old tourist era bracelet. I've taken to wearing this ring along with my wedding band. It was made by George Kee for the White Hogan, era unknown.

tourist_bracelet.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou