Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Twitter?

pretty faythe

One Too Many
I'm still reading through this thread. Just thought it was funny that that poll is on CNN....they tweet!lol

Lady Day said:
This 'Quick Vote' was on CNNs frontpage.

Picture3-1.png

LD

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
If you're on MySpace and FB, especially FB, then you already understand Twitter. It's exactly the same as the FB status updates with none of the other crap. I like it. And no one, NO ONE posts "going to get coffee." "Back from getting coffee." I mean...everyone knows that's not interesting.

Elaina

One Too Many
I'm on there as sewducky, but I never seem to post. I just don't talk much. I also have a facebook, myspace and I'm on a few forums, but unfortunately for you, this is the one I actually talk the most at.

Usually, I stick to my blog. Since it's mostly about sewing, I figure people that want to know what I have to say read it.

NY_Confidential

Familiar Face
Lady Day said:
Twitter is stupid.

There is nothing that I am doing at any given point in the day that would warrant me to stop what I am doing, and compose a sentence to broadcast what I was doing to the rest of the world.

Im not that interesting, and Im okay with that.

LD

+1 on that

I much prefer if someone wishes to know what I'm doing...? That they call me and ask.

And I don't do txt messaging either.

In fact, I haven't owned a cell phone since February and I'm just happy that way. I did have one since '98 tho. 11 yrs of cell-phone was enough for me.

Lorena B

Practically Family
Lady Day said:
Twitter is stupid.

There is nothing that I am doing at any given point in the day that would warrant me to stop what I am doing, and compose a sentence to broadcast what I was doing to the rest of the world.

Im not that interesting, and Im okay with that.

LD

I checked Twitter a couple of days ago and i am agree with you, in fact you just put in written all what I also think about Twitter, i found it quite pointless to broadcast little sentences about what i am doing to the world, i mean, who cares!!!.

pretty faythe

One Too Many
I've actually found that twittering my annoyances to the world, makes my friends like me more...lol. In which I mean less text messages venting out my anger to them.

Jennifer Lynn

One of the Regulars
I see twitterers falling into three categories (mho):

- Folks keeping in touch with buddies

- Celebs talking with one another, and blathering on about their lives

- Celeb hangers on, and wannabees blathering on about their lives

Wait...I've actually four categories, as I have come across businesses who offer a heads up on their goods or services there (Rubios, Flight001, Southwest Airlines to name a few). I like them, as they sometimes have twitter-specific contests.

I'm on twitter as Intempesta Nox, though the name that may come up when I (very occasionally) tweet would be Jennifer Lynn.

Dexter'sDame

One of the Regulars
Can't stand FB, love Twitter

I don't like Facebook--too many pages /layers, too time consuming to update, too many requests to become a Pirate--but love Twitter. Thankfully, it's progressed far past the "sitting here eating a burger" stage and has become a fast and easy way to exchange information. I also like seeing the creative and witty ways people handle the challenge of the 140 character limit. Used creatively and thoughtfully, it can actually help one become a better writer, not a worse one.

ThesFlishThngs

One Too Many
I still associate twitter with phones and texting, which I do minimally (with my pay-as-you-go plan). Now that I understand facebook, it's fine with me. I enjoy the running, random conversations that wander in different directions. I enjoy sharing links to videos and other such things.
The games and other stuff don't interest me, but by clicking the 'ignore' button, I'm not bothered by them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo