Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Two brim flanges, 7 3/8 and 7 1/4

Lotsahats

One Too Many
Vintage 7 3/8 brim flange

Check out this great vintage hat brim flange! Ever wonder what gives a fedora brim that distinctive snap? It's a brim flange like this that does the trick. This flange is in good vintage condition; it shows some normal use, but it is free of any cracks or chips. Either as a tool or as a decoration, this flange really delivers!

Edge reads: 206, 7 3/8, 2 3/4

Vintage 7 1/4 brim flange

Check out this great vintage hat brim flange! You can't have a great fedora with a snap brim without a flange like this. This flange is in good vintage condition; it shows some normal use, but it is free of any cracks or chips. Either as a tool or as a decoration, this flange really delivers!

Edge reads: 514, 7 1/4, 2 3/4

BladeOfAnduril

One of the Regulars
Are these "snap" flanges? Sorry, probably using incorrect terminology. I have a few hats I'd like more curl to the brims so that they snap better. Would these fit the bill?

Lotsahats

One Too Many
You know, beside my snappy marketing writing, I don't know he answer to that one for sure, Matt. I think the snap itself has more to do with the weight of the felt, but that's pure speculation on my part. I know just enough about actual hat making and repairs to know that I don't know anything. :)

A

BladeOfAnduril

One of the Regulars
Haha fair enough. Thanks for the reply. I might bite on the 7 3/8... Just have to talk myself into it. :-D

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Lotsahats

One Too Many
Well, I'd encourage it, of course. :) and like I said to fed, I'll eat the shipping for a fellow lounger.

Fed in a Fedora

Practically Family
Thanks!

It is here already and I really like it. I am now studying how to make a variety of them for different hats.

This is a dangerous hobby - if I suddenly disappear, the wife surely did it out of frustration with my new collection of tools and toys.

Fed

Lotsahats

One Too Many
Sweet, I'm glad you like it!

Tell you what: stay away from the hatters' tools thread, then. Those guys will give you IDEAS. :)

Thanks again!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot