Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Underarm gussets

• Thread starter Deleted member 16736
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 16736

I'm looking into buying an ANJ-3 and I had a question about the underarm gussets. I know they're for ease of movement, but I want to know if they bunch up uncomfortably when your arms are resting at your sides. This question applies also to G-1 jackets. Thank you.

pauleway

Practically Family
I'm looking into buying an ANJ-3 and I had a question about the underarm gussets. I know they're for ease of movement, but I want to know if they bunch up uncomfortably when your arms are resting at your sides. This question applies also to G-1 jackets. Thank you.

No, they do not bunch up. They are very comfortable and work just the way they were intended to!

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
The ANJ-3 I tried on was incredibly comfortable, and the gussets worked the way they should. I think as long as it's well-made and fits you properly (so the bi-swing isn't puffed out), the jacket will behave the way they should.

Stand By

One Too Many
Funnily enough, I had my ANJ-3 on this very morning for my commute - it's cooled down at last and just enough - so it came out of the closet (so to speak!). Marvellous. Sooo nice to have it on again! :)

And to your question Joel, no, absolutely not and never. You'll only enjoy the underarm gussets.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Underarm gussets along with bi-swing back both combine to make the G-1 and ANJ-3 more comfortable to wear than the A-2, at least for me. I have never had any issues with underarm gussets.

D

Deleted member 16736

Thanks. I think that's the first consensus in the history of this section. Congrats to all.

In the midst of one daughter's wedding and major work hell. THEN - it's been over 102º+ for three weeks plus and my AC went out last night. I've been in the midst of contemplation. And leather jackets haven't entered my mind sans some conversations with JC @ GW.
Gotta get used to the new forum SFW too…"back" is sorta overkill at this point - just needed a break. Hoping to see some new gear soon - or when it cools down. lol

I've been waiting for this.... good to see you back man!

LOL.

Worf

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran