Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

US Authentic

Dracorex

Familiar Face
Has anyone recently purchased a jacket from US Authentic? If so, what was the condition of the jacket when it arrived. The reason I'm asking, I'm thinking about ordering a jacket from them but the last time I did I was not very happy. About 3 years ago, I ordered a jacket from them and it arrived in a box a little bigger than a large shoe box! I was shocked to say the least. When I pulled the jacket out of the small box, it was full of wrinkles and very dirty. The jacket had threads hanging all over it, a lot of them, especially the inside liner. It looked like an old used jacket! You may be asking why I would want to order another one! I recently purchased one off of ebay and was pleasantly surprised by how nice it is. I think it's a very nice looking jacket and most importantly, it fits perfectly! So, I figured maybe I would try again and have better luck this time. I'd just like to hear what other people have to say first. Thank you.

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
Did you raise your concerns with Shaul at the time? I've never heard anything but good about this co. A smallish box and wrinkles is fairly normal, but dirt? If he were sending out substandard stock as a habit we would hear about it.

nick123

I'll Lock Up
There was a thread a while back where a customer received a jacket which had a significant gash in the leather. But I think 99% of Shaul's jackets seem to be fine so I wouldn't worry. I want one. I think you have to size down one for his A-2s. There was a Barmstormer on the bay a while back that looked fabulous.

Dracorex

Familiar Face
Did you raise your concerns with Shaul at the time? I've never heard anything but good about this co. A smallish box and wrinkles is fairly normal, but dirt? If he were sending out substandard stock as a habit we would hear about it.
No, I packed the jacket back up and immediately sent it back. I had also heard very nice things about this company, that's why I ordered the jacket. I thought I might give it another try, that's why I was wondering if he is still shipping out his jackets in those tiny boxes. I don't understand why he does that. Every other company I've ordered jackets from, have them nicely folded in large boxes. Why would you stuff a brand new leather jacket in a shoe box, I don't understand!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats