Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

USN Peacoat Questions

Spoonbelly

One of the Regulars
I'm assuming our resident Professor of Peacoats, "Peacoat" , would know quite a bit about my quick questions here, but feel free to chime in. Peacoat - when did you start scouring ebay for Kersey peacoats? At that time I'm assuming there were many more Kersey peacoats listed , and in a large range of sizes? The prices were significantly cheaper at that time (5-10 years ago)? Thank you.

Doctor Damage

I'll Lock Up
I'm assuming our resident Professor of Peacoats, "Peacoat" , would know quite a bit about my quick questions here, but feel free to chime in. Peacoat - when did you start scouring ebay for Kersey peacoats? At that time I'm assuming there were many more Kersey peacoats listed , and in a large range of sizes? The prices were significantly cheaper at that time (5-10 years ago)? Thank you.
We already have a thread on peacoats... but anyways, it's probably the same thing with USAF flight jackets: some of our members have a huge collection of original jackets in great condition and claim to have never spent more than $50 on each. These days they're difficult to find in anything like acceptable condition and be prepared to pay a few hundred dollars. I realize there are exceptions, but for USAF flight jackets the days of going on e-Bay and seeing a few dozen vintage jackets in great condition for low prices are far in the past.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn