Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Usn summer flight jacket

FAFOO68

Familiar Face
Hello gentlemen,
I'm looking for a good looking jacket for this summer and i found two jackets which are very similar :
- ORVIS "A2 SUMMER FLIGHT JACKET"
- BUZZ RICKSONS "US Navy 37J1 Flight Jacket"
Both have the same look than the WILLIS AND GEIGER "NA1 JACKET" which equipied the USN pilots before WW2.
I would have your opinion to make my choice clearely (despite of the price, 275 $ for the ORVIS and 400 £ for the BUZZ RICKSONS).
Many thanks,

pauleway

Practically Family
Hello gentlemen,
I'm looking for a good looking jacket for this summer and i found two jackets which are very similar :
- ORVIS "A2 SUMMER FLIGHT JACKET"
- BUZZ RICKSONS "US Navy 37J1 Flight Jacket"
Both have the same look than the WILLIS AND GEIGER "NA1 JACKET" which equipied the USN pilots before WW2.
I would have your opinion to make my choice clearely (despite of the price, 275 $ for the ORVIS and 400 £ for the BUZZ RICKSONS).
Many thanks,

Check out the M421 USN summer jacket at the Eddie Bauer site. I have one, it is a very nice summer jacket!

FAFOO68

Familiar Face
Thanks Pauleway for your answer, the EB M421 looks like an A2 but in cotton which is a little different of the look of the USN NA1 i'm looking for...
According to that, i have seen a REAL MAC COYS "37J1B A.ZIELINSKI CO" which is similar to the BR.
Any comment ?

leopardstyle

One of the Regulars
Hey I've been wondering about an A-2 jacket for summer as well. I just bought a Buzz Rickson and I love it. It's a great looking jacket in dark seal brown. The lining is a bit thicker than most A-2's and has a tight weave. The quality therefore is really nice.

You mentioned a Rickson summer jacket. Do they make that specifically? Does anyone else have any good insights into how or where to get a good summer A-2?

FAFOO68

Familiar Face
Usn 37j1 jacket "summer fliht jacket"

Yes, BR EUROPE offer an USN 37J1 jacket which equipied the USN pilots before WW2 (1937).
RMJ offer an similar jacket name USN 37J1B A.ZIELINSKI, i suppose this is an evolution of the 37J1.

BRJACKET

New in Town
One good thing about Orvis is that you can return anything if you keep the receipt. You can try it out for a summer and if you decide you want the other then ship it back to Orvis with receipt and they give a full refund. There is not a time limit on this. I have returned sweaters that I found I never wear after over a year and they have no problem. LL Bean does this too. It is a great policy because it usually takes me awhile to decide if I am actually going to wear something or have it sitting in my closet.

FAFOO68

Familiar Face
Orvis a2 summer flight jacket

Hello BRJACKET,
Thanks for your advice, i'd finally order the ORVIS "A2 SUMMER FLIGHT JACKET" in M size.
They will ship me the 5th of May, i 'll see, if it's not what i'am looking for i will return it for refund...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sirteen