Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vendor claims this is 1950s - What do you think?

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
fiftiessuit.jpg

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mans-Vint...UK_Men_s_Vintage_Clothing&hash=item2a1ed4f7ae

The vendor says the suit is from the 1950s, but have only posted a single photograph. No picture of the label etc. Nothing to show the cut of the trousers etc. When I look at it, I just think of Mick Jagger getting married in the 1970s.

So what do people think? When was this made?

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
No - it's way too small for me. I was just interested to see what other people thought of how it was listed. It is of course listed as 'Great Gatsby style' - if it does turn out to be some amazing vintage white suit, and sells for pennies, we might all end up kicking ourselves.

Flat Foot Floey

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Well the Gatsby movie IS 70s...so he is about right.
Double vents and the placing of the buttons also looks very 70s.

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
The condition of the material looks newer, and I always look for that crossover lining in the back of the neck, which this doesn't have. 70s. Or newer. Really need more pics.

GoldenEraFan

One Too Many
Definitely '70s. You can tell by the lack of lapel button holes, the high lapels and how broad the shoulders are in comparison with how the bottom skirts/flares out.

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
I emailed the vendor - she tells me that there is no label but that there is a "slight flare to the trousers". Not sure what point in the 1950s people were wearing flared-leg double breasted white suits? No surprise that this is the second time this suit has been listed on ebay and not sold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats